• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Charger

I run a Super Brain 977 pro and it works flawless. It can charge 2 packs at once, has a seperate power supply, can charge lipo, charge at 5amp, discharge at 4amp, never has false peaked on me, and it is right around $100.

Tekin BC 112 c (ac/dc) or the Tekin BC 112 a. (dc only) I have both, there is no substitute. Both can charge Ni Cads or Nimh, best damn chargers ever made in my book, 1 to 10 cell charge and all the adjustment you would ever want and super easy to use. Yes they are spendy, but isn't everything built well and really nice??

I have 10 year old nicads that still work good, they have seen nothing but these chargers. The pulse rate charging sytem can't be beat. ( it has 3 pulse rates to choose from)

Funny you mention that charger almost bought one today but ended up with a Losi xXXT MF2 instead because the price was to cheap to pass up for an almost new truck.

ManiacMagoo said:
Funny you mention that charger almost bought one today but ended up with a Losi xXXT MF2 instead because the price was to cheap to pass up for an almost new truck.
So it will be your son's T4 vs your XXX-T. That will be a good race. I think I will probably get the Super Brain because it can chareg 2 packs and it is a little less.

VMGontheRocks said:
So it will be your son's T4 vs your XXX-T. That will be a good race. I think I will probably get the Super Brain because it can chareg 2 packs and it is a little less.

Nah it is a T3 I couldn't find a new T4 because they are back ordered due to associated getting new owners and crap so I bought the MF2 because it was cheap lol. I love the super brain only reason I'm looking at getting a different charger is because I want a high end one that I can break motors in with and have full control over every aspect of what I want to do.

Yup--thats the one :redneck:

Its worked great so far. The only drawback I have noticed to go over 4 amps it needs to run off of DC voltage...

VMGontheRocks said:
Other than that do you like it?

Ya--its been a great unit. I have heard about the big transformer popping loose inseide the case when its bounced around alot. But I have drug mine out in the toy a # of times now with zero problems...

I am going to mod mine though so I can remove the 110v cord and make a short harness with a cig lighter plug in instead of the big aligator clips...

Hey Crash, radio shack has a sweet plug in for cigarette lighters that lets you use banana clips and it works awesome. I used one for my charger but my Toyota came factory with a power invertor in the bed :flipoff: so dont use it unless I ride in my brothers CTD.

crash said:
I am going to mod mine though so I can remove the 110v cord and make a short harness with a cig lighter plug in instead of the big aligator clips...
you just put some Deans plugs together on a cigarette lighter adapter and your clips so you can change back and forth if you want. Mine is all plug and play for anything. :cool:

you can, just cut the wires or if they have a plug, just match the plug or cut the wire and put on Deans plugs. Just put a male on the charger side and a female on the power side, bam!! your done.

I charge up batterys going down the freeway. :redneck: