• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

charging fox 2.0 14" travel gas shocks

parasailboy87

i got my jeep back from getting the four link done in the front and noticed that the gas shocks on the rear had leaked down. we have the nitrogen charging system for them to recharge and refill them but i keep hearing different ways to do it and not finding any help searching the answer. i heard not to go over 300psi and then ive heard fill it to 500psi then let it down and set the ride height. any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks jeremy :dunno: ???

Assuming they are nitrogen? Is there a chance it is because of the cooler air and they have not been in use? They would raise up some after some use. My ride height drops in the colder temps. Not ideal of course. molaugh Regardless, make sure they are not holding the weight of the vehicle up if you want to add pressure. 500 sounds way high.

Nitrogen is the most stable element used and shouldn't raise or decrease enough in pressure to notice ride height change drastically , realistically they may move 1-2lbs with temp swings

Re:

I charge mine to 200psi with them off the buggy or fully extended an see where it sits, then fully extend it and go in 25psi increments until it sits where I want it, you can fine tune it from there but all the charge is, is ride height.

Sent from my Z750C using Tapatalk

They are nitrogen and haven't been used since the July ride. When I got it back last Thursday is take take it around the yard and we have a testing area and it was leaked down to only about two inches before fully compressed. The passenger side was ok until my brother and them went to check that one and let it all out so now I'm just gonna do both of them. I'm assuming they are nitrogen cause the guy I bought the jeep from said they were. So hopefully tomorrow I can get them dialed in and set right.

Re: Re: charging fox 2.0 14" travel gas shocks

rednecklights said:
If they were mine I'd go ahead and rebuild them

X2

They shouldn't leak down. Mine sat for a year, outside, on the rig, and didn't leak down at all.