• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Chassis Builders?

Any do a weld up yourself chassis ? Like a chassis in a box ?
Most chassis guys won't want to do that for a few reasons. You'll find a few that will do it, most mentioned in this thread … I (partially committed racing) will not though. Main one being quality control and liability.

My chassis are assembled in a jig and welded on a chassis table. They are square and I know when it leaves here, all of my parts will fit it.

Liability is a huge one too. I'm not saying people can't weld better than me…but I don't want to risk my business and everything I own on guessing if someone's brothers friends neighbor will weld it up with cost hangars in a dennys parking lot and the thing blow apart on a Madram11 video and kill a bus load of nuns … I'd rather weld it myself and know it's solid.

1B69787F-06BC-4711-95C9-1E0611600734.jpeg

PCR makes a killer chassis. That's what I'd like to get into one day.

Bent Fab took 11 months to get a DIY chassis kit to my buddy. It was supposedly done and on the shelf when bought, and just needed to get a few things cut and he'd ship it out. Well that finally happened after 11 months of getting the run around. He said he was getting out of the off road fab after that (this was just a couple weeks ago)

If you want something done right, and on a reasonable timeline, PCR or WOD. I'm sure others would be great too but can't speak for them. I would never go with Bent Fab after seeing what 2 people I personally know had to go thru.

PCR makes a killer chassis. That's what I'd like to get into one day.

Bent Fab took 11 months to get a DIY chassis kit to my buddy. It was supposedly done and on the shelf when bought, and just needed to get a few things cut and he'd ship it out. Well that finally happened after 11 months of getting the run around. He said he was getting out of the off road fab after that (this was just a couple weeks ago)

If you want something done right, and on a reasonable timeline, PCR or WOD. I'm sure others would be great too but can't speak for them. I would never go with Bent Fab after seeing what 2 people I personally know had to go thru.
Is that the one in Kentucky? I've been looking at the Bent Fab AZ chassis.