• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

cheapy welder

halemytoy24

11609268.jpg
what do yall think of this cheap piece...compared to the older one... seems ok for the price so far:corn:

The Century line is the cheap line from Lincln . 90 amps wont weld very thick metal...
Im looking for one also. My Lincoln was stolen and I cant afford 700.00 to replace it..

that new one too was only 94.99 plus tax cant get cheaper than that ..plus 19.99for a 2yr warranty and you can trade it for a better one and get all ur money towards the new one:corn:

Yes its not a lincoln, miller, hobert, blah blah blah. For little stuff and projects this thing works just fine. A buddy has one and it works OK. Hes built bumpers and sliders with it.

But I love my 220 Miller :awesomework:

Take your $100.

Light it on fire.

Then flush the ashes down the toilet.

Trust me I've been down the cheap welder road. Get at least a 140 amp. Personally I wouldn't go for any 110v welder. But a 140a, 110v welder can be picked up for cheap and work well.

I've had that same model Century welder for about 15 years now. It's a cheapo but has served me very well. Great for small jobs and auto body work. Only thing I've ever done to it is replace the tiny 16ga power cord with a 10ga, which made a huge difference in performance.

As for that blue thing, I think you've made a big step backward in quality. The Century at least has a Tweco stinger and provisions to run shielding gas.

so have u used this welder yet i was thinking about picking up a cheapy to learn on? would this be enough to weld back just thin sheet on maybe bob a bed? ive welded in home shop im not looking for a expensive welder im not going to be building any exos any time soon. what else is out there for a few hundred bucks?

My advice...put that $100 under your mattress, and as you come up with a little cash here and there, do the same thing---Keep an eye out on CL for something of decent quality once you have $400 saved, you won't regret it in the long run...Better yet, save alittle longer and step up to a smallbox 220V if you have the power for it...:awesomework:

by qaulity what do you suggest any ideas of what to look for money isnt a option but i dont wan to buy 1000 dollor wire feed that im not going to use.I need ideas on something cheap to learn on for some thin metal. right know im not needing a brand name thats going to last a 100 years just need a cheepie that i cn play with out in the garage until im ready to up grade to a decent machine.

by qaulity what do you suggest any ideas of what to look for money isnt a option but i dont wan to buy 1000 dollor wire feed that im not going to use.I need ideas on something cheap to learn on for some thin metal. right know im not needing a brand name thats going to last a 100 years just need a cheepie that i cn play with out in the garage until im ready to up grade to a decent machine.

Home Depot sells a couple models of Lincoln for pretty reasonable--IIRC for a couple hundies... maybe three hundies will get you one that you can run gas on...

I used a similar Century 110 welder for 12 years, welded everything on my Jeep with it and I never broke any part I welded. You just have to know it is not as powerful and weld that way. I found on the 110 welders that if you run the thinner wire the welder will work better and produce better welds.

goota cheep harbor frieght one worked fine on body dropping my bed on the daily driver, thin sheet metal. it was like 70 bucks out the door after coupon i had and the sale on black friday better than paying some one to do it. its already paid for itself!