• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

cherokee dana 35c ????

slim1968

ive got a 93 grand cherokee which is coil rear with a 35c that axle broke and broke locker .....i got a junk 90 cherokee that is leaf sprong 35c will the axle work and will the stock carrier take the 456 gears and set up same in mine??

And idk if there is a carrier break for the hears you have. Might have to swap carrier to run the 4:56. Not sure but I think so

If your new to Cherokees you will get way ahead of the game if you find a good ford 9" or an 8.8 rear end. The 35's will break just about every time you go out . :****:

He is correct, especially if you plan on running 33s or larger. We do have a local club member who ran a super 30 and super 35 with a 4 cyl motor and an Atlas with 36s and ran the **** out of it for years. The 8.8 is damn near bullet proof and it has disk brakes with the same bolt pattern.

I agree with these guys on the 8.8 swap. I had a buddy that had a grand Cherokee the super 35 kit and had boggers on it for bout 6 years and never had to turn a wrench on that thing. But you should def go with a ford 8.8 very reasonable prices on them too

Thanks for all the info guys. The gears fit on carrier and axle also fit only didn't have the guess it's an anti lock break gear on outer side of shaft so now break light on....... What should I look for a 8.8 in? And I'm guessing there's not 1 that my link bars will bolt up on?

V8 Explorer will have the 8.8 that you want and no it won't bolt right in. You will have to put brackets on it for you link set up.

To add to what I already said, my TJ has a 8.8 from a 98 explorer. It has disc brakes and 31 spline shafts stock. You will have to add a 1" spacer to each side because the explorer rear is about 2" narrower than the Jeep's D35 but they have the same bolt pattern.

Latest posts