• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Cherokee exhaust manifold help!

WA-Wheeler

OK so my 88 Cherokee with the 4.0L just dropped the exhaust while driving down 522 :mad: and when I got home and ripped it apart it looks like the weld broke at the flange that attaches to the down pipe..... keep in mind that i just replaced this with a MOPAR "special" just about 20,000 miles ago. And as it turns out there are also MAJOR cracks in it as well, so what I am asking is what should I replace it with? I don't need anything fancy this is my DD/Weekend toy and im not made of money. I just want it to last a little longer. Any help would be great! Thanks

George or Diane at 253 631 4390.. George the Jeep:cheer:... He has a XJ grave yard..

Or Aventone on here... Both can hook you up with the right parts..

FYI.. If you make it out to Georges place... Ya might want to have a hour or 2 to spare.. He has a un-limited amount of knowledge about jeeps and likes to chat about it to.. Great people and great service... Diane is his daughter and you will most likely see her to... :awesomework:

mine was successfully welded and holding great 90,000 miles later.
you might wanna check your motor mounts, 20,000 miles aint far.

Check the motormounts and exhaust hangers. I replaced a cracked header on a Cherokee last month and it had multiple problems. The cheapest route would be to have someone weld up the cracks.

Check the motormounts and exhaust hangers. I replaced a cracked header on a Cherokee last month and it had multiple problems. The cheapest route would be to have someone weld up the cracks.

Yeah the mounts need to be replaced i noticed it once i got the Intake Manifold off, so im going to do that this weekend. The hangers are dented and mashed but still working, nothing is sitting too low and there is enough flex in it. Im still debating whether or not to weld it up and throw it back on...... ill take it down to my welding guy and see what he says.

Thanks to every one for responding! ::awesomework: