• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Cherokee guys, I need you

CHOP SHOP

I have a couple Qs about cherokee lifts. Do the 4 inch lifts that have drop down link mounts have any steering correction?

Any drop pitman? Or will this put the track bar out of whack?

Should the track bar get dropped with a 4 incher? Is it ok to not drop the track bar if the pitman arm is left stock?

Whatcha got?:corn:

Just from looking around online, most kits come with either new trackbar or trackbar drop bracket, but no dropped pitman.

Get a pitman arm off a grand cherokee at the junkyard. They are identical to any "dropped" pitman arm you will buy...

And you can redrill your lower track bar mount to get a little more out of it...

www.naxja.com has all you need.

had a four inch lift on my cherokee back in the day. Had the track bar in the stock position and would get death wobble at high speeds. Long armed it and adjustable track bar and it would do 90 down the freeway

I have a couple Qs about cherokee lifts. Do the 4 inch lifts that have drop down link mounts have any steering correction?

Any drop pitman? Or will this put the track bar out of whack?

Should the track bar get dropped with a 4 incher? Is it ok to not drop the track bar if the pitman arm is left stock?

Whatcha got?:corn:

LOL the anti xj quotes we could find for Brad..lol

thought you didnt like the "station wagons"

favorite setup for relatively stock cherokee is an RE 3.5" kit, lots of fender cutting, and 35s with the right backspace. No steering correction, just a new steering dampner.

i put a four inch lift on my old cherokee with factory track bar and pitman arm, i just drilled a new hole beside the old hole where the track bar bolts to the axle and that centered the front end and the jeep drove like a dream, was daily driven.

We run my brothers XJ on a 5.5 lift and just redrilled the track bar mount. He was going to step up to an 8" lift and got a new track bar from www.rustysoffroad.com not too bad on price and the two guys I know who run them have had no issues at all. IMO keep it low cuase those damn things like to tip when you too tall and thats nooo fun in a unibody.:awesomework:

We run my brothers XJ on a 5.5 lift and just redrilled the track bar mount. He was going to step up to an 8" lift and got a new track bar from www.rustysoffroad.com not too bad on price and the two guys I know who run them have had no issues at all. IMO keep it low cuase those damn things like to tip when you too tall and thats nooo fun in a unibody.:awesomework:

those rusty's track bar mounts crumble under medium to hard use. Cracks all over the place. alot of guys on pirate have had these isssues.

Rusty's sucks, they are just slimy salesman. Seriously, when you call them, they just constantly try to upsell you. And their trackbar I had bent, which then ended up denting my oil pan....