• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Chev TBI issue

Look closely at the pickup coil area....maybe the magnet's cracked on the reluctor wheel---this can cause some rough start issues...

Scanned it and no trouble codes were found. I'll be checking the distributor tomorrow. Damn!!

I could suspect some carbon build-up on the valves or valve guides. Might try a decarbon like a MotorVac service.
Pulling something like Seafoam in on a vacuum line can work also. Little dangerious if you dont know how to do it.

Last edited:
I'm still inclined to think it's an ignition issue.

Checked the dist bushing and everything is tight. Everything around the reluctor ring looked fine too.

On my jeep with the tbi it has a wire by the fuel pump relay that you can put 12 volts to to run the pump, if you have that run the pump constant to see if it makes a differance. Maybe the fuel pressure is bleeding off and it is running out of fuel just for a couple of seconds.

On my jeep with the tbi it has a wire by the fuel pump relay that you can put 12 volts to to run the pump, if you have that run the pump constant to see if it makes a differance. Maybe the fuel pressure is bleeding off and it is running out of fuel just for a couple of seconds.

:hi: :redneck:

but yeah, good idea...should be a gray connector IIRC=female spade connector...