• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Chevy 307

yota8

Is it work 70.00? Is it even worth to rebuild? I found one at some dudes house and ran the numbers, ended up being a 307, its missing 1 exhaust manifold. The intake manifold has been covered up with a glove so i don't think anything really has gotten in that way, but with the exhaust man. im thinking some condensation has rusted the rings a lil cause i cant turn the crankshaft by hand. Either that or it seized... Either way, is it worth the money, and the rebuild?

Is it work 70.00? Is it even worth to rebuild? I found one at some dudes house and ran the numbers, ended up being a 307, its missing 1 exhaust manifold. The intake manifold has been covered up with a glove so i don't think anything really has gotten in that way, but with the exhaust man. im thinking some condensation has rusted the rings a lil cause i cant turn the crankshaft by hand. Either that or it seized... Either way, is it worth the money, and the rebuild?

No. Its a boat anchor. its going to cost the same to rebuild a 350 as the 307 and the 307 is a dog to begin with.

Had a 307 in a Nova. Bottom end torque like a 350 but couldn't rev out.

Hmm... that's usually how 305's act..

My friend had a 307 in high school in his '70 camaro that ran 14 flat..

It had 305 HO heads with tiny chambers so it had like 11:1 compression, holley strip dominator, 600 afb, summit cam and headers. You can make them go, but with the same effort applied to a 350, it's not worth the time.