• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

chevy build

79chevy39.5's

I decided on making an official build thread on my truck.
it had
4 inch lift, 39.5x15x16.5 tsl's
350/400/203
gm 10 bolt front welded and 14 bolt rear open with 3.73's
ran like **** on the hills and got some body damage and busted front axel and was geared too high
P1010018.jpg

so i decided to change some to:
rockwells pinion brakes
8 inch lift
44's
crossover with hydro assist steering
shortened fram with flat bed and narrowed front clip
and klune vto twin sticked np205
P1000188.jpg

P1000185.jpg

Last edited:
the old tires i sold back to the guy i bought them from and i cut the bed in half........also just got a ac compressor so it will have oba:clappy:
i have doors, hood and the axels for sale tho

well i got an update kinda biggy
im selling my rockwells guys comin on monday with truck trailer and cash from oregon
got the front ripped off and the 10 bolt under it again

well im makin money on em and with all the lift i would need to run them with any flex i would need like 6+ more inches of lift makin my truck way tall

so ima keep it like it was just flat bedded and narrowed front

or tear the whole thing down and put a 350 into somethin

wow
so i went insane i sold my rockwells got a new front clippy and im puttin my exact same set of tires back on my truck
so the thing should be goin sooner than ever
all i need now is a rear u-joint for d-line,longside axelshaft, switch front shackles, and get the damn thing to run right

there really isnt anything to hit up over here ive taken it to naches once and then a place outside of union gap once would like to get out more

got a couple update pics for you guys everything except the front axel shaft and front main (cant get the balancer bolt of everytime i cant get the socket to stay on the bolt head) is squared away new cuts on front clip are way better than last set of fenders
P1000339.jpg

P1000338.jpg

well i finaly did the little **** work to finish everything up
the u joint in my bad axel shaft was seized no wonder i was havin a hard time turnin:redneck:
P1000344.jpg

took the truck out and first off pin up against a treerip fender 1/2 off next thing u know radiator boundes its way loose put a gash in the rad....then rip out the light wiring.........couple more things to improve upon:looser:

Do u know how to drive???:looser: How the hell did u pin it against a tree and u test run:wtf: Shouldn't u just be kinda crusing along testing brakes 1st 2nd 3rd gear the guages listening and **** like that??? Sorry to hear that tho that sucks! I had my jeep that i have been working on for the last yr and half randomly decide to roll out of my garage and roll across the street! I have never seen a grown 345lb man run that fast EVER:haha: :haha: :haha: