• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

chevy exocage/tube bed and whatnot

I'm going for function not looks, it's a wheeler not a show truck. I don't have the cash to drop on a nice bender right now and this cage and whatnot is temporary, eventually I want to get an s-10 quad cab and put it on this frame so I can take the family out and when I do that then I will fork out the cash for all the nice stuff. Given the tools I'm using and it being my first time I think it turned out ok. I've learned a lot for the next time I do it

Given the tools I'm using and it being my first time I think it turned out ok. I've learned a lot for the next time I do it

That's what it's about right there... you gotta start somewhere, you might have to buy cheap tools and equipment. But it doesn't matter what tools you have, your first rig isnt always gonna "right"

Actually, you should use a portapower to push out the crooked bends on the drivers side.
I LOVE the CJ grill.
Now it's a CHEEP HEEP. :corn:

How did you bend the hoop around the CJ grill? Not busting your balls at all but what bender do you have? I dont think I have seen dents in freshly bent tube/pipe like that.

Trust me, I started at the very bottom also... broke high school kid that would fix his jeep on the wet floor of a horse barn. Looks like you use the crap out of the rig so that is what counts.

How did you bend the hoop around the CJ grill? Not busting your balls at all but what bender do you have? I dont think I have seen dents in freshly bent tube/pipe like that.

Trust me, I started at the very bottom also... broke high school kid that would fix his jeep on the wet floor of a horse barn. Looks like you use the crap out of the rig so that is what counts.

Im willing to bet he had someone bend that grill hoop!! To clean and to tight of bends for a bottle jack bender?

Im willing to bet he had someone bend that grill hoop!! To clean and to tight of bends for a bottle jack bender?

Yup, my bender would have kinked the tube trying to bend it that tight. Maverick: I just have a harbor freight pipe bender

I've bent a lot of **** with a hf bender, do yourself a favor and buy a cheap hole saw notcher or learn to notch with a chop saw...

I've bent a lot of **** with a hf bender, do yourself a favor and buy a cheap hole saw notcher or learn to notch with a chop saw...

Notch with a chop saw... Didn't even cross my mind :mad: grinder did an ok job though...

Last edited:
ok so I finally got the fenders done, on the passenger side I welded in a gas door because I set up my onboard air right behind it so when you need air you just open the door and there ya go. I made the front fenders bolt in so that way whenever I decide to do the motor or just simply need to work on the motor then I can just unbolt them and have full access to the motor. Also I sucked up the winch to the bumper and pulled a couple leafs out in the front

welded in some tabs to make the fenders bolt in

IMG_1415_zpsca17e6f1.jpg

IMG_1416_zpsd5d118cf.jpg

IMG_1433_zpse2abd737.jpg

IMG_1444_zps5aa47480.jpg

IMG_1448_zpsb1b4109a.jpg

IMG_1470_zps83c723c2.jpg

IMG_1481_zps204744aa.jpg

IMG_1484_zpsdded687a.jpg

IMG_1495_zps06d5295b.jpg

IMG_1529_zps70ddd7d8.jpg

IMG_1530_zpseda7f3be.jpg