• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Chevy throttle body question

mjp1080

ok, here goes. I am swapping out the motor in my truck and have purchased a holley 670 throttle body. Its supposed to be a direect bolt on to replace the tiny stock one. I got it, the thing bolts up and all plugs will work except there is a flat 4 prong plug for the injectors which my harness does not have, mine were hard wired. I cant figure out what year chevy truck would have this plug on it so I can go get one and wire it in. I've walked every wrecking yard I can and still no luck. Anybody have any ideas?

I called holley and they told me that I could find a plug on any early 90's truck. I've looked under the hood of a dozen and havent found one that was not hard wired. I could cut the plug off but the wires are very short and dont want to risk it when, it'll be trial and error figuring out which wire is which, theres no damn color code. I'll call chevy in the morning see what they know.

Off the top of my head of the 4 wires (2 for each injector) 2 of them coming from the ECM will have 12 volts with the key on and the other 2 won't. On the TB 2 of the wires should be red? Those two go to the 12 volts coming from the ECM. If you decide to hard wire them I could look this up and make sure?
Here's a page where you could look it up for yourself if you want.
http://www.binderbulletin.org/forums/showthread.php?t=47254

Last edited:
Off the top of my head of the 4 wires (2 for each injector) 2 of them coming from the ECM will have 12 volts with the key on and the other 2 won't. On the TB 2 of the wires should be red? Those two go to the 12 volts coming from the ECM. If you decide to hard wire them I could look this up and make sure?
Here's a page where you could look it up for yourself if you want.
http://www.binderbulletin.org/forums/showthread.php?t=47254

The wires on my harness are red, white, blue and green. The wires on the TB are all black, but I see what your getting at, finding two hot and two cold out of the harness should be easy. All I need to figure out now is which black wires are hot a which are cold on the TB and it should work. Ill call holley back and see If they've got a wiring diagram for the TB. thanks:D