• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Chilly Hilly

whiterice

Feb 25th,
Anyone going to be out in the cold on their road bike, that is pedal power type 10 speed or 18 speed what ever you have. I started riding agian mid Jan. and have a few hundred miles in, but very much out of shape. The climbs should be alittle easier for me this year. Just installed a compact 50/34 front crankset. Have been testing it the last few weeks on the local trips around the home and really like the difference. Let me know if you are riding, I plan on hitting up the first ferry accross and riding in the med pace group 17-13 mph.

All right so we don't have too many road riders here, well at least I got my bike dirty today from the wet roads. Road wheeling on a bike:clappy: .
I did the Chilly Hilly ride today---
32.7 miles ---
2,675 ft. elevation ---
2 hr and 15 min.

24inchbike006id2.jpg

24inchbike007bj9.jpg

:D it was a wet day for it

My parents have done it in the past, but not when its this ugly out

congrants on making it to the finish

Thanks Eric,
Ya the worst part was standing in line for the ferry ride home. Heavy rain and wind just standing on the ferry dock. But the ride is sweet. Got home and hit a hot shower and watched a movie then my calfs started screaming at me:mad: Why did you do that ride.. Can't wait until next year. It is even a nice ride in the summer. I saved my route map and rode it last year in nice weather, but the hills are the same...

Can't beat a classic Ritchey. I worked once upon a time in a shop. The shop manager was a Ritchey freak. I think he liked Tom since he shared his name and age.

Boxxerace said:
Can't beat a classic Ritchey. I worked once upon a time in a shop. The shop manager was a Ritchey freak. I think he liked Tom since he shared his name and age.

You worked at that bike shop a long freaking time ago!:flipoff:

I didn't know you were a bicyclist Bruce. I haven't ridden my road bike in several years. I'm terminaly out of shape.:booo:

i just got my cross bike finished up. i once too worked in a bike shop :) love to go on a mild ride sometime.

Bummer I missed it, I would love to have done that this year. I'm planning on a 200 (possible 100 mile) ride later this summer in Utah. http://www.desperadodual.com/

Java, where do you ride? The boyfriend races cross, and might have me hooked for the upcoming season. I'm good for about 30-40 miles at once right now and working up.

My bike.... w/ a smaller handlebar, different tires, and pedals:
e52a_3.JPG

i havent gotten it off the street yet...... but i used to go up to sait edwards before my mtn bike got stripped....

I live up in north, so I do most of my riding around the Lynnwood, EVT, Snohomish, Bothell, Redmond, area. Ride either road or bike trails, Centinal or Interurban, or Burke Gilman. A nice 40 mile is start in Bothell, ride to Redmond , around Lake Sam. and back to Bothell. Half on bike trail and half on street.

Looks like I'd get lost between I-90 and I-405, only riden on the west side of L.W. and have heard that this summer the 405 area is going to be a bomb with the construction. Been told if you ride around Lake/Wash and up to and around Lake /Sam it's over 90 miles. Haven't done it myself, but sounds like a good ride, less the bit between Seattle and Bothell. That should have trees growing out of it in some places.