• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

CHOC - Matanzas Trail Ride - October 11-12, 2013

mna0121 said:
FYI, one of the club members staying at the University Inn got his ride broken into. Crack head stole tools and straps. Maybe he will chime in and clear this up and tell what happened when the cops came. If I over stepped into your business I apologize. My crew stayed there Friday night but didn't lose anything.

It was a buddy of mine we rode up there together, friday night someone went into his and his wifes jeeps and stole their tool bags, cops came did report advised us to stay at any hotel other then university inn due to the apartment complex behind it. unfortunetley for my buddy he forgot to pay a ticket and a warrant had been issued for his arrest on friday and when the officers did the report saturday once they discovered it an had to arrest him for a $53 ticket, florida was going to extradite him over it but i was able to talk them into letting a friend drive to the jail in florida to make his whopping $270 bail and have Jacksonville, al police release him to us. Made for an exciting trip.

And on a funny note the police let us talk to him to get the ticket paid and little did I know he was on speaker phone, I told him he had a pretty mouth and to squeal like a pig. Booking officer just about fell off hs stool laughing at him

After wasting Fri. chasing some loose pinion bearings in my axles I was able to get patched together and ride Sat., had a friggen blast. I don't think anyone was anywhere close when I shot up that tree, but I sure wish some video did exist of it because the pucker factor was definitely high on that one!

mikebrsa said:
It was a buddy of mine we rode up there together, friday night someone went into his and his wifes jeeps and stole their tool bags, cops came did report advised us to stay at any hotel other then university inn due to the apartment complex behind it. unfortunetley for my buddy he forgot to pay a ticket and a warrant had been issued for his arrest on friday and when the officers did the report saturday once they discovered it an had to arrest him for a $53 ticket, florida was going to extradite him over it but i was able to talk them into letting a friend drive to the jail in florida to make his whopping $270 bail and have Jacksonville, al police release him to us. Made for an exciting trip.

And on a funny note the police let us talk to him to get the ticket paid and little did I know he was on speaker phone, I told him he had a pretty mouth and to squeal like a pig. Booking officer just about fell off hs stool laughing at him

Man that sucks Mike! Your a hell of a guy helping him out though! :dblthumb: It was good wheelin with ya! :drinkers:

1tonyj said:
jj that was one hell of a save u made!!....i thought u were over for sure. :****:

That was the second or third time that this saved me:

v1.JPG

Was in 2nd at the time. Funny, too, because in the last buggy with the stock rev. manual gate there were at least 2 endos that I couldn't get to reverse quick enough to save. There's video of one of them where you can hear my clanking back and forth on the gates trying to get there. One of them totaled the last buggy.

There were some Georgia folks, too. I don't recall the last time I was around so many fellow Dawgs!

mna0121 said:
Jeremy, glad to help y'all get out of Hells Revenge and back to camp. I messed up and asked your son if he wanted to drive my rig, to my suprise he said "YES", I would have let him too had you not been on the other end of the straps. Roll Tide Roll...... oh and thanks for the six quarts of oil in the water there at the twin rocks, didn't think I was going to get over them :)

Sean,

Thanks again. All I heard from my son was, "daddy, you need a buggy." My son likes the skinny pedal just like his father. Hope to wheel with you again and this time I will not leave oil for you. Beer is on me next time around!

Jeremy

Sean,

Thanks again. All I heard from my son was, "daddy, you need a buggy." My son likes the skinny pedal just like his father. Hope to wheel with you again and this time I will not leave oil for you. Beer is on me next time around!

Jeremy

Glad I could help Jeremy. Next time we get together we will get little man a stick and let him drive it, that way you will have to go home and start a buggy for real. Oh I spell it Shawn, Sean is for the yanks!!!! :)