• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

CHOC - SRRS Race #1 Pics and vids

454tbacon said:
Did the ten people get out and take a piss too????
No but if the 10 that finished second hill 7 were under top 10 it would even out. Seems pretty straight forward to me. Its an average of how well you do on both hills.

454tbacon said:
Did the ten people get out and take a piss too????

No but several didn't make it. I would say less than 10-12 made the 2nd hill.
Just because you don't understand it doesn't mean it doesn't make sense.

That crap may work in SRRS,but if you come to AOP to race and get out to take a piss your not going to finish 1st or 2nd or maybe not top 20.If Dale Jr got out today and pissed he would have gone 3 laps down.

85toyo said:
Copied from their website.

Caution tape
Breaking the yellow tape causes DNF and ends the run.

:popcorn:

I wondered about that as well when I was watching the video

85toyo said:
Copied from their website.

Caution tape
Breaking the yellow tape causes DNF and ends the run.

:popcorn:
Copied this from Facebook ..... :dunno:

"No the tape wasn't an issue. It was to close to the course and there were several people who would have hit it if it was still there. It was never restrung"

454tbacon said:
That crap may work in SRRS,but if you come to AOP to race and get out to take a piss your not going to finish 1st or 2nd or maybe not top 20.If Dale Jr got out today and pissed he would have gone 3 laps down.

It's a points series. So the person with the most points wins the 10k at the end of the year. It's about being consistent.
How do you know how it's gonna work at AOP? This is there first year to run a series.

For those of us that heard the drivers meeting Jeremy told us the tape was kinda narrow at the top. If it became an issue at the top where there was red tape as long as the whole buggy didn't get outside the tape he wasn't gonna hammer us on it. It was strict at the bottom in sections with no red tape for spectators. I'm sure when they set the tapes it had rained a few less inches. I would rather stay in the gas than worry about my tires bouncing making me lose?

johneddie said:
Copied this from Facebook .....

"No the tape wasn't an issue. It was to close to the course and there were several people who would have hit it if it was still there. It was never restrung"

Other than marking the course, the tape is there mostly to keep spectators at a safe distance from the race course. Either the tape needs to be further back or the rule should be enforced. The event staff should take more responsibility over the situation if safety is their top priority like they say it is. My .02 coming from a safety inspectors point of view.

johneddie said:
Copied this from Facebook ..... :dunno:

Cole said:
It's a points series. So the person with the most points wins the 10k at the end of the year. It's about being consistent.
How do you know how it's gonna work at AOP? This is there first year to run a series.
Sorry for the rant just don't understand how this series works from race to race.SRRS does a great job and has help our sport alot,wish I could afford to run all the series but can't,don't mean anybody any disrespect all the guys did a good job.

I'll try to explain it a little better. Look at it as 10 seperate races. Driver is awarded points for each hill according to where they finish. 1st-50,2nd-46,3rd-43,4th42 and 1 point down for each place down.

Example in this race:

First hill:
Tim Cameron 50
Shawn Tolson 46
Peter Basler 43
Steven Woolsey 42
Peter Ruttan 41
Nick Cooper 40
Bobby Tanner 39
Jamie Whitaker 38
Luke Wilson 37
Jody Childers 36

Second hill:
Shawn Tolson 50
Clint Evans 46
Peter Ruttan 43
Ryan Bramhall 42
Jamie Whitaker 41
Peter Basler 40
Bobby Tanner 39
Tim Cameron 38
Robert Bounds 37
Luke Wilson 36

In this race Timmie won the first hill and placed 8th on the second hill because only 10 climbed the hill.

SilverStarCustoms said:
I'll try to explain it a little better. Look at it as 10 seperate races. Driver is awarded points for each hill according to where they finish. 1st-50,2nd-46,3rd-43,4th42 and 1 point down for each place down.

Example in this race:

First hill:
Tim Cameron 50
Shawn Tolson 46
Peter Basler 43
Steven Woolsey 42
Peter Ruttan 41
Nick Cooper 40
Bobby Tanner 39
Jamie Whitaker 38
Luke Wilson 37
Jody Childers 36

Second hill:
Shawn Tolson 50
Clint Evans 46
Peter Ruttan 43
Ryan Bramhall 42
Jamie Whitaker 41
Peter Basler 40
Bobby Tanner 39
Tim Cameron 38
Robert Bounds 37
Luke Wilson 36

In this race Timmie won the first hill and placed 8th on the second hill because only 10 climbed the hill.
Thanks, makes sense now,sorry just a dumb ass country boy trying to figure this stuff out.

Congrats go out to Shawn and Timmie and all the other racers,now bring on more videos please.

The event was ran well considering the conditions. All rules were explained well before the race and I personally feel good about how they were enforced.

454tbacon said:
Thanks, makes sense now,sorry just a dumb ass country boy trying to figure this stuff out.

It can be confusing without seeing it laid out in order for each hill. I'm sure videos will continue for a while.