• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Chromo shafts or RCV's

ricks

Just curious if anybody had any input about these rcv shafts for a 44 front I have been looking on line and the price seems comperable to dutchmans domestic 4340 shaft's with CTM joints.

The company is rcv performance they make cv type axles. I have seen some talk about them on pirate and I wanted to see if anyone local had any input on them because I am looking to upgrade and I'm not sure which way to go.

I have a buddy that's running them... He had issues with the length at first, but none after that... another buddy has them in a d60 with them on 42s... I've seen plenty of chromos go boom...

I don't think Bobby does them any more... At least not for the d60s... I could be wrong, give him a call to make sure...

We run them in our TJ Rubicon. It broke two front shafts with the stock 31s before the RCVs. For the price of the shafts, you can find a Dana 60. I guess it just depends on your vehicle and how you want to use it. I have seen people spend $3000+ on a Dana 44 and after it still not holding up, they start building a Dana 60.

We run them in our TJ Rubicon. It broke two front shafts with the stock 31s before the RCVs. For the price of the shafts, you can find a Dana 60. I guess it just depends on your vehicle and how you want to use it. I have seen people spend $3000+ on a Dana 44 and after it still not holding up, they start building a Dana 60.

I would prefer to run a dana 60 and I think it could be done for around $3000 after it is narrowed plus gears, locker,35 spline outers and steering. I don't think I will run anything larger than a 37" tire due to width issues and steering, right now my wms to wms is 58" and would like to go up to 60" max.

I'm running rcv's up front on my jk, they come with a lifetime warranty, you break em they replace em, no questions asked. It was good enough for me. Of course, I sleeved and gussetted my sheit at the same time :)