• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Gasket or RTV?

So after some more research, a lot of people have reported great luck with "The Right Stuff" gasket maker. It was readily available so I figured I'd give it a try. Somewhat stressful since they claim you only have 5 min to work with it. Everything is tightened down and have a good squish protruding the whole perimeter of the pan. I noticed some tiny bubbles forming so maybe it has a little bit of an expansion factor going on but it comes out of a pressurized can so maybe it's just a side effect of that. Also says it's good for immediate service but I'm gonna let it sit for a couple of hours before I refill. Will report back with results.

The right stuff is in fact the right stuff, I put that **** on everything. Just make sure its the gray instead of the black. For some reason the black stuf just doesnt work nearly as well.

The right stuff is in fact the right stuff, I put that **** on everything. Just make sure its the gray instead of the black. For some reason the black stuf just doesnt work nearly as well.
If I have to explain that one to yall I have failed as a human

I guess I'll revisit it the next time I change the filter. On the plus side, this is the least that it's ever leaked. Maybe I'll get lucky and some particles will seal it up.

Update: I'm an idiot.
Found it leaking out of the shifter but couldn't see it due to the linkage. Changed out the seal and so far so good!

I like Ultra gray on both side of the gasket. Put the bolts in and tighten down till the gasket just makes full contact. Let set over night and then torque them to 13ft lbs. Then snug them back up every time I have my skid plate off.