• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Sold/Expired CJ-7 Street/trail, Sold please delete

Missile Man

$6500, Located in Carbondale, IL 62901

6A408EB5-97D2-4533-AF36-FCE688D21C97-28315-00002F935DCE0969.jpg

I purchased this in the fall as my winter project. Just finished it up on 4/23/13. Thought I might keep it through the summer but I've got too many projects and need to focus on other things. It runs, rides, and drives very well for an old leaf sprung jeep. Definitely one of the most fun to drive rigs I've ever owned. The little 305 runs strong and sounds great. Very fun to cruise around town. Here's the specs:

1980 CJ-7 with clear title in my name

TPI 305, no smoke, no noises, good oil pressure, fresh oil, Painless TPI engine harness

SM465 with fresh oil, best shifting 465 I've driven

NP208 clocked flat, has rear half of a dodge 208 for the fixed yoke output. Shifts silky smooth and works great. Fresh fluid.

Scout D44 front and rear. 4.88 yukon gears with yukon spools (trac-lok included if you want to swap it in the rear). Fresh fluid.

Front knuckles have been rotated to correct pinion angle issues.

Stock axle shafts front and rear. New front yukon alloy inners are included as well as brand new spicer joints. All you need are some stubs and you have front alloy shafts.

Brand new general grabber 35's on 15x7 steelies. Love these tires!

Fox emulsion shocks in front, unknown junkers in the rear.

101" wheelbase. Unknown front springs, rear are modified XJ springs, track bar in the rear.

The body is in decent shape, some rust here and there but plenty solid for a trail rig/cruiser. I'd call it solid overall.

Painless chassis harness, just installed. No dealing with crappy old wiring, this one is wired up right.

Headlights, parking lights, 30" LED light bar, interior dome light, rock light, turn signal indicators, bright light indicators, brake lights, it all works perfectly and its 99.9% brand new.

Harbor Freight Badlands 12k winch, only used twice on another rig. Works perfect. Wired to switch on the dash, hand held controller also included and still works.

Flowmaster single 3" exhaust, sounds good!

New BD Racing 16 gal fuel cell with sender

BE COOL aluminum radiator with big SPAL fan. This puppy should never run hot!

New Autometer fuel, oil, and water gauges (matching tach and speedo are available from Autometer if such luxuries interest you)

Wide angle rear view mirror (utv style)

New Bestop rear bench, unknown stock style front seats that are in decent shape. Front seats are mounted to the cage, any stock replacement CJ or YJ seat will bolt right in. Suspension seats would be an easy install too.

New Bestop bikini top

New seatbelts front and rear, Longacre high density foam roll bar padding in the rear

New Grant steering wheel and adapter (had to install a turn signal switch and couldn't bring myself to put the old wheel back on)

Storage rack, two ammo cans, cooler, and two toolboxes are all mounted up and included.

I'm sure there's more but I'm tired of typing and you're probably bored!

I've spent the last 6 moths righting every wrong I could find on this rig. It's good to go, in my opinion a true turn key rig. It runs, rides, and drives very well for what it is. It will be a whole lot of fun for whoever ends up with it!

Re: CJ-7 Street/trail, 4-seat, Painless wiring, lots of new parts, in Southern IL

Drove this thing around town all day yesterday. Even in the rain it was fun as hell. Definitely having second thoughts about letting this one go!

Re: CJ-7 Street/trail, 4-seat, Painless wiring, lots of new parts, in Southern IL

OBO, trades considered.

Ever sat in a stock CJ? The seating position is terrible. Not this one! I moved the seat back a few inches and down a few inches. Much more comfortable! Drivers seat is also on a slider so it is 100% adjustable.

Nice looking rig and cheap price. Shouldn't be around too long. :dblthumb:

CHASMAN9 said:
Nice looking rig and cheap price. Shouldn't be around too long. :dblthumb:

Thanks!

Sunny and in the 80's here today - had to go for a cruise around town in this thing. Fun!

I have a crazy question for you. Could this Jeep be set up with an automatic transmission? I checked the build thread and like your work but just prefer an automatic over the stick shift. Thanks

Haywire383 said:
I have a crazy question for you. Could this Jeep be set up with an automatic transmission? I checked the build thread and like your work but just prefer an automatic over the stick shift. Thanks

Very easily. A turbo 350 or 700r4 would nearly be a bolt in operation.

Stopped by a scale while I was out running around yesterday. 3800 lbs even - I can live with that.

Video added above.