• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

CJ Grille on a YJ?

wentz912

So my dad would like to have round headlights on his 92 YJ. I heard something, somewhere, at some point in time about being able to put a CJ grille and head light buckets onto a YJ? Any truth to this? If not, what are my other options for getting him to round lights from his square stuff?

This is something I would like to do for him for father's day so I'd appreciate any available information quickly.

So my dad would like to have round headlights on his 92 YJ. I heard something, somewhere, at some point in time about being able to put a CJ grille and head light buckets onto a YJ? Any truth to this? If not, what are my other options for getting him to round lights from his square stuff?

This is something I would like to do for him for father's day so I'd appreciate any available information quickly.

Try an entire CJ front clip. :awesomework::awesomework:

I know there was an issue of I think jp magazine that covered this. you need a cj grille, hood, and fenders, then just need to move the center grille mount. the cj grille and hood is shorter than a yj also. it isnt super simple to do it right.

Hrmmm...definitely not able to throw down the cash on an entire CJ front clip. maybe I will look into the TJ side of things. We're not afraid to cut and weld!

hood, grille and fenders are required for the swap. With a cj radiator mounted to the grille you will need a body lift to clear the steering box. Without a body lift or steering box relocation the radiator will need to be shifted to the passenger side and notch the lower corners of the grille so it will drop between the frame rails as the cj grill is taller than the yj unit.

A yj rad in the cj grille may help the steering box clearance. I never tried that as I already had a chevy conversion radiator and wasnt gonna spend the money on a new one.

I ended up throwing the whole idea in the round file and put an mb grille on and have yet to build fenders or a hood for that setup.