• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Clark can cut it...But who can bend it?

jimijam19K

1/4" steel plate that is.

Looking for someone in the Thurston/Pierce Co. area who has a press brake or similar so I can start building a mounting system/bumper for the 8274 I've had sitting in the garage for a couple months now. Let me know who's out there or post pics of your mounting solutions for an 8274 on a CJ front end. I want to do a little more than the standard of the shelf mounting plate so any ideas are appreciated.

Last edited:
I was a drafter at a place just South of Puyallup called LaserFab. They can do all the math for bends/bend radious and bend 1/4" easy for ya...

They also can cut on their precision laser cutting machines...full service

LaserFab
5406 184th St. East Suite D
Puyallup WA 98375
253-846-8370

Good people, good prices

Talk to pos97tj. I know he has 3/16" bent for rocker protection. I can take a couple of pics of what I have, not that I'm really that happy with it. My old M6000 mounts the same as the 8274. All I have is the winch plate bolted to the top of my frame rails, I hope to have some time this weekend to mess with it some. The plate came with the winch, it was mounted on a Ford pickup before I got it.

1 post pics of your mounting solutions for an 8274 on a CJ front end.

Here's pics of what I got. I spent a couple of hours cutting excess junk off with the angle grinder. I will be putting on a couple of angles that bolt to the side of the frame, and remounting the bumper. That will give me the towbar back. I thought about mounting the plate to the bottom of the frame, but that would take replacing the front cross member. Since I plan on moving the steering box forward, I think too much would interfere.

Winchplatefront.jpg

DSC02876.jpg

DSC02875.jpg

1/4" steel plate that is.

Looking for someone in the Thurston/Pierce Co. area who has a press brake or similar so I can start building a mounting system/bumper for the 8274 I've had sitting in the garage for a couple months now. Let me know who's out there or post pics of your mounting solutions for an 8274 on a CJ front end. I want to do a little more than the standard of the shelf mounting plate so any ideas are appreciated.

Did you get this stuff bent yet?

I can bend plate steel at work, I just cant do tubing.

Let me know.

Winch mount went on the back burner while I finished building my trailor. I'm going to re-engage soon as this week is my last week at work so I'll have time to fiddle-fart around on projects + the honey-do list.

Don't see many Yelminites on the board, where bouts in town to you hang your hat?

If you need something bent give me a shout:awesomework: We can bend bend plate up to 1/2" thick in a press brake and will have a CNC plasma table at the end of the month. We also have access to big ass lathes and mills that you could park a jeep on:masturbanana[1]:.

Last edited:
If you need something bent give me a shout:awesomework: We can bend bend plate up to 1/2" thick in a press brake and will have a CNC plasma table at the end of the month. We also have access to big ass lathes and mills that you could park a jeep on:masturbanana[1]:.

where are the lathe and mills located?

whats the name of the shop over there? i didnt know anyone in this area had those capabilities besides our shop:corn:[/

Where is our shop?And what capabilities are you talking about.CVM for mill and lathe work.North for break and shear work.:D

Last edited:
I started this thread a while ago and like most things with me just takes time to get around to it. So Wes (pos97TJ) and Brandon (shrek??) hooked me up with a very simple and clean looking winch mount that ties into the factory channel bumper that I had already cut down for clearance. These guys did way better that the simple mounting plate available on the retail market. Dropped it off mid-morning had it back right after lunch. Here's what I got now.

winch1.jpg

winch2.jpg

winch3.jpg

Last edited:
ATTEN Jeepasaurusrex

Too bad you're not farther north. We have a 400 ton, 16' brake press. I think we could handle that. :redneck:

can you still do this?

i am making my belly pan and i need two bends in a 1/4" plate 48" wide.

\_______/

like this only not so exagerated?

Ohh and clean out your in box....