1tonyj

Clayton / Green Acres

Attachments

• IMG_3348-1.png
    IMG_3348-1.png
    37.4 KB · Views: 305
Clayton Oklahoma trail map

Lol ninjas be trippin

Good luck following that map now. With 13 bypasses and turn outs on all of the out of the creek trails, that map just looks cool.

Count on me to be the negative Nancy bro.

I would love to remap it. I'm afraid that it won't be around too much longer though. It was sad to see so many yellow ropes and signs. Bummed me out

I can only figure when the bottom really drops out on the economy there, that whole piece will be sold.

Hurry up and get home boys buggy on the trailer and get up this way. Let's go run everything so you can say you ran it before it closed. :)

At work

Re: Clayton Oklahoma trail map

LightBnDr said:
Lol ninjas be trippin

Good luck following that map now. With 13 bypasses and turn outs on all of the out of the creek trails, that map just looks cool.

Yeah that was all the map we had.....but was better than nothing at the time.

At work

Headed to Clayton tomorrow night. Hoping this map is still fairly accurate. If not, we will just make friends with the locals cooking meth in the woods :woot:

jordan7118 said:
Headed to Clayton tomorrow night. Hoping this map is still fairly accurate. If not, we will just make friends with the locals cooking meth in the woods :woot:

Love me some Clayton. Im scheduled to go at the end of march for the annual spring break meet and great, but i dont think my rig will be ready by then.

So how was this trip? I think it rained up there at some point didn't it?

Any pics or vids?

Here's some video. Fast forward to 9:30 for my small moment of glory.

https://youtu.be/vTRij2C86rY

I had a lengthy trip summary written up here, but it was gone when I came back from getting the link to that YouTube video :-/ In short, trip was awesome and we had a blast. Started with two Jeeps and three Toyotas. Ended with 4 Toyotas and 0 Jeeps trail worthy after day one ???? We rented that little house called the Climb On Inn that's 500 yards from the airstrip, and it was well worth the money (reasonable price, too).

More pics on Instagram at ArkansasCrawlers4x4Club

Re:

Great video....Looks like crawling heaven

Sent from my A571VL using Tapatalk

Oh man, so many memories made there. Thanks for the vids

Gosh all the hours spent building, tweaking and changing just to conquer the trails there.

So one weekend we ran 16 trails in 24hrs.

Then me and another here came and ran lower and mid slims. With the intent on coming back to devote a Saturday to bounty. That was 2 years ago

Our last 2 trips there were so wet, no way that was happening. Don't wanna to let out secrets. . . . . but next time you go, run the creek all the way past the extension, past the entrance to bounty until the creek ends.

You come to an area so gnarly, it's one of the only places I have ever seen there with virgin rock. Nobody has ever put a tire on it. You'll see why.

Thanks for the memories man. Hopefully see you there sometime

16 trails in 24 hours. Good gravy :eek: We were quite timid this trip and did zero night riding. We normally ride at night til midnight, sometimes 2 or 3 in the morning. Not this trip. For most of our crew, it was their first time to Clayton. We tried to keep our stuff together as best we could so decided against the chaos and shenanigans that accompanies the night rides.

We ran the extension past the bounty hill entrance and then went as far as we could before the rocks turned into buses and it was evident no one goes any further. We exited out to the right, and it was a challenge getting out the exit. That trail is amazing.

Dunno what you wheel, but I would welcome riding with someone who knows Clayton as good as it sounds you do. It was the blind leading the blind with us ;D I did my best to pick trails that were within our capabilities, so we did Walk In The Park, then Black Sheep Blvd into Cakewalk at the top. Next day started on Green Mamba Extension (Green Mamba roped off, though some jack wagons tore it down sometime Saturday afternoon / evening, as we found the rope cut Sunday morning), then Wet N' Wild, followed by C&H, then Van Alstyne (most of trail bypasses due to land closed off), and finished Saturday afternoon with 3-Trail. Wheeled Walk In The Park Sunday morning with a late-arrival Ford full size, then headed home.

Amazing place, hands down my favorite place to ever wheel. Went several times, but the last trip was almost 10 years ago. We ran Slim's Slope from top to bottom and it took several hours. Hardest rock trail I have ever been on.

Sure do miss wheeling out there

Matt O. said:
Amazing place, hands down my favorite place to ever wheel. Went several times, but the last trip was almost 10 years ago. We ran Slim's Slope from top to bottom and it took several hours. Hardest rock trail I have ever been on.

Sure do miss wheeling out there

What type of terrain do they have? What other park is it like around here? Never been and would love to hit some trees out there someday.

Re:

Big Effing rocks from the videos I've seen. It is on my places to go list for sure.

Sent from my A571VL using Tapatalk

Green Acers has a lot of big rocks and ledges, a lot of the harder stuff is pretty far from the air strip (where you park, camp ect.) and is a MOFO to breakdown on that side of the mountain. You can ride 2-3 days here. You are just outside of town so you don't have to pack much. My group usually cooks on the trail and only comes back to the air strip for parts or beer and then stay the night in town.

Burris Valley Ranch is a fairly new place and isn't very far away, I have only been there once. They probably have bigger rocks Green Acers! I've got to plan a trip back there soon. 2-3 days riding here as well. However you are on a cattle ranch in the middle on nowhere, pack everything and the kitchen sink! They are 30-45min for the hwy, much much more to a town with a store.

We'll be there June 3rd for a bounty trail run. I'm sure we'll talk ourselves into lower to upper slims. If 1 other rig wants to join in, there's a link attached to this post where you can apply. If we accept, we'll pay for your motel, at the annex. . . . . . . .

LightBnDr said:
We'll be there June 3rd for a bounty trail run. I'm sure we'll talk ourselves into lower to upper slims. If 1 other rig wants to join in, there's a link attached to this post where you can apply. If we accept, we'll pay for your motel, at the annex. . . . . . . .
Damn, I never got that treatment.....

Lol what you mean? You have a yota emblem on your rig so you automatically are invited

CHASMAN9 said:
What type of terrain do they have? What other park is it like around here? Never been and would love to hit some trees out there someday.

Greg, slow speed tech crawling!! Not much HP hill killin stuff there. Burris valley is not far away, and has even bigger rocks! Catch hot springs on your way over.