• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Clayton Oklahoma trail map

CartoTracks said:
Looks like we need to visit Clayton, OK. :driving:

I would suggest a built rig and plenty of spare parts as Clayton is hard on parts and will find the weakest one. On another note, if you do decide to make the trip then let me know and I will arrange a group to ride with and point out the fun stuff

Uncleboogie said:
I would suggest a built rig and plenty of spare parts as Clayton is hard on parts and will find the weakest one. On another note, if you do decide to make the trip then let me know and I will arrange a group to ride with and point out the fun stuff

Thanks for the offer. We've been before, wheeled some of the easier stuff.
Mapping it means wheeling or at least walking ALL of it so good to establish some good contacts of capable wheelers. thumb.gif thumb.gif

Re: Clayton Oklahoma trail map

Would have been awesome to be on carto back in 2008. I feel like this place is on its way out, kinda.

Then again looking back it's been really fun to navigate the unknown with a hand written map that's inaccurate. Now, I think we are able to get anywhere we want by memory.

Please post up if you really make this happen. Would be cool to see your mapping of the place.

Plus what do you do in the scenarios where locals say there's a guy that sits in a blind on the back side and will fire shots over your shoulder if you cross the imaginary property line?

How do you then walk lower and mid slims? As well as discover the absolutely killer trail to the north of the entrance to lower that has never had a tire put on it? Gnarly!!

Man I have so many memories there. As do many others I'm sure

Headed back to Clayton this weekend, then again last weekend of September, then again middle of November. May try to find time to go in October as well :wtflol:

I'm hooked :spin:

jordan7118 said:
Headed back to Clayton this weekend, then again last weekend of September, then again middle of November. May try to find time to go in October as well :wtflol:

I'm hooked :spin:
I remember those days. I felt like I couldn't get back there fast enough to conquer something that caught my eye.
Me and a friend have been wanting to run the extra section of the creek that goes far past the bounty entrance. There is a downed tree that blocked that portion years ago. You can see where tires have touched about 30 yards after that. Then there is one more nearly impossible looking section. Tires have never touched. Then you truly can't go anymore. The creek ends at a giant waterfall into a swimming pool. Gorgeous.

Brought back memories. Thanks for sharing

Cool pics. I have wheeled with a few of them. The old timers

Latest posts