• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Sold/Expired clean loaded 2006 Chevy 2500HD Duramax 4x4 LT3 crew cab

knaffie

My truck is a 2006 Chevy Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab short bed 4x4 LT3 with every factory option except moonroof and Onstar. Has the most coveted of the Duramax engines, the LBZ with the Allison 6-speed automatic transmission including tap shift. This is a pre-emissions truck. 127,000 miles.

It was stored during the winter and always inside for the first 5 years and has had limited exposure to the snow and salt. I bought it with 8,000 miles and have been very meticulous about maintenance since then. Washed weekly, waxed twice a year, leather cleaned and conditioned at least twice a year. Always washed including underneath after exposure to salt. I have always let it warm up 10+ minutes in the winter and drive it easy until it shows warm on the gauges. Oil analysis done on most oil changes.

This truck has never been offroad. Has never towed more than 12,000 pounds. Does not have a gooseneck or fifth wheel hitch. Everything in the front end (ball joints, tie rod ends, idler arm, pitman arm, etc.) is original and still tight – solid proof that this truck has never been abused. Gets an honest 19-21 MPG at 75 MPH empty. I've seen as good as 24 MPG driving at 55-60 MPH. Gets 12-13 MPG towing my 28' enclosed trailer (about 10,000#) at 65-75 MPH.

Needs absolutely nothing. I would hook up my trailer and drive to California with it tomorrow without hesitation.

• Has been tastefully modded to ride and tow better than stock, be more dependable, and be more fun to drive without hurting the drivetrain. This is not a teenager's truck that has been beat on. I took it to the track one time just for fun and it ran 14.1 at 93 MPH. This truck is surprisingly quick for its size and fun to drive.
• EFI Live tune with DSP2 switch (can switch tunes on the fly) by ATP (Idaho Rob) with 40HP tow tune with fully integrated turbo brake and 80HP daily driver / light tow tune without turbo brake. Transmission safe clean tunes with ZERO smoke. I was able to cross the Rockies in Colorado with a 10,000# trailer without ever touching the brake pedal with this amazing tow tune. I can include the stock ECM too if you want to put it back to stock.
• Transgo Jr. installed at 20K to help protect the transmission from ever slipping. Swapped to Transynd (Allison brand synthetic fluid) at the same time.
• MBRP 4" exhaust with a Corsa 304 stainless muffler (a $400 rust-proof muffler), which is quieter than stock on the highway, but gets louder at 7/8 throttle. Zero drone.
• GM synthetic fluid in both differentials, always synthetic oil in the engine, Transynd in the transfer case, Transynd in the transmission.
• diesel fuel treatment (several different brands used) in EVERY tank to help injectors and CP3 live longer.
• EGR blocked at 10K to prevent sludge buildup in the engine.
• Kennedy lift pump to help the CP3 live longer.
• Viper remote start system that includes start/lock/unlock/alarm/locate from your smartphone in addition to two remotes. OEM remotes still work too.
• Replacement transmission cooler lines (only the flexible section) from Merchant Automotive (these will not leak like the OEM lines all do).
• Pump rub kit from Merchant Automotive installed at 75K (no problems were evident and the case was NOT worn).
• Aftermarket torsion keys that are adjusted all the way down (not even leveled).
• Cognito idler arm and pitman arm braces to help those parts live longer.
• Merchant Automotive stainless steel tie rod sleeves.
• Modified new GM Intermediate Steering Shaft (ISS) to prevent rattling.
• Edge Insight CTS monitor (not a tuner) with EGT probe to monitor engine parameters and read/clear codes.
• Rancho 9000XL shocks, just replaced spring 2014. Rides smooth like a 1/2 ton down the road with the shocks turned down, and tows/hauls great with the shocks turned up.
• Updated rear cab mounts, also made a significant improvement in the ride.
• Curt class 5 hitch (18,000# capacity) new a few years ago.
• All windows professionally tinted with only two small imperfect spots. Windshield replaced last year due to stone chip and dark (5%) eyebrow tint strip installed.
• Line-X spray-in bedliner.
• Access quick roll-up tonneau cover (takes about 10 seconds to roll up or down).
• Stock wheels and Hankook Dynapro ATM 265/75/16 load range E tires that have about 20,000 miles on them (less than 1/2 worn).
• Cobra 75 WXST CB (a small box under the dash and a larger microphone so there is no big CB in the cab) with Merchant Automotive antenna mount (same as the radio antenna on the opposite side of the truck).
• Tekonsha P3 trailer brake controller.
• Weathertech front mats. NPI rear single-piece mat. Carpets look new.

Imperfections - very slight surface rust on the frame in some spots (just appeared this spring), one small dent in the passenger side fender / hood (I don't know how it happened), light scratches that will probably buff out below the rear window from the tonneau cover rubbing against it when rolled up, slight oil leak from the passenger side valve cover.

Located in Louisville, KY. I can help deliver or arrange shipping. Should be able to ship most anywhere for $1000. Asking $28,000 as listed / seen with all the extras.

This album contains 30 pictures. If you would like to see anything else, let me know.

2006 Chevy 2500HD Duramax For Sale Photos by knaffie | Photobucket