• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

clutch disc only wearing on outside

redline

o`k i got clutch out while changing trans, It`s been slipping under extreme pressure not to bad until it gets warm. What ya all think? Pressure plate?

have the flywheel turned, and replace the pressure plate, clutch, throwout bearing, and pilot bearing.

it doesnt really matter what the problem is, THAT^ is the solution.

have the flywheel turned, and replace the pressure plate, clutch, throwout bearing, and pilot bearing.

I agree, If you go the quick/cheap route like me with shucks parts... they have two different clutch plate manufacuters. One has about 20% larger clutch disc. Get that one. :awesomework: Other wise you can fork out 200+ for Marlins. If you do go that route, get the 1600lb press plate, the 1200 was nice but I would have liked a little bit more bite. <-- good improvement, but a little pricey in my mind.

I agree, If you go the quick/cheap route like me with shucks parts... they have two different clutch plate manufacuters. One has about 20% larger clutch disc. Get that one. :awesomework: Other wise you can fork out 200+ for Marlins. If you do go that route, get the 1600lb press plate, the 1200 was nice but I would have liked a little bit more bite. <-- good improvement, but a little pricey in my mind.

It ain't the manufacturer it's the application. I can't remember the exact year split but early is about 8 5/8" and turbo/later model is 9 1/4". Not exactly sure if the pressure plate patterns are the same until I get home to compare but the flywheel needs to be machined according to what plate you are using or you'll pissing up a rope.

I went from a stock clutch to a 1600lb marlin and it was a night and day in holding power. If I ever have a use for a trans again it'll be a stick with that clutch or a slushbox. :D

It ain't the manufacturer it's the application. I can't remember the exact year split but early is about 8 5/8" and turbo/later model is 9 1/4". Not exactly sure if the pressure plate patterns are the same until I get home to compare but the flywheel needs to be machined according to what plate you are using or you'll pissing up a rope.

I went from a stock clutch to a 1600lb marlin and it was a night and day in holding power. If I ever have a use for a trans again it'll be a stick with that clutch or a slushbox. :D

When they brought both clutch kits out to me they were two different brands of N/A clutch kits. Maybe they were idiots and brought out a turbo one, but I do know that they both had the same bolt/pin pattern.

problem already solved, I just wanted to know what was going on so it don`t happen again. I will own this truck until the end!!

Makes sense, Yes. I ran into camo on sunday. putzing around Walker, LOST. :haha:

That`s funny, He`s really getting into it. (wheeling) it`s coming along pretty good for his first wheeler. incourage him.:awesomework: i think we r going to nachees end of the month. should be fun . i hope he has his winch on by then. turning my 4runner into a 4 seater truggy.

That`s funny, He`s really getting into it. (wheeling) it`s coming along pretty good for his first wheeler. incourage him.:awesomework: i think we r going to nachees end of the month. should be fun . i hope he has his winch on by then. turning my 4runner into a 4 seater truggy.

Ya, if I wasn't on the way out I would have had him tag along. Good to hear he is getting into it. If I'm welcome to come you should Pm me the dates you were thinking and I'll try and make it. I have a winch and would be happy to pick you up some :beer:. Do you remember Nate's 4seater buggy build? going along those lines minus the 4.3 part?

not sure when yet ,but yeah of course, I also got a winch on My trk. Nate`s buggy? is there a thread on it? I`m not sure who that is.

When they brought both clutch kits out to me they were two different brands of N/A clutch kits. Maybe they were idiots and brought out a turbo one, but I do know that they both had the same bolt/pin pattern.

Are you talking a bigger diameter? My friend tried to install a centerforce out of a 92 22re onto his 85 22re flywheel and the disc was 1/2" bigger than the old disc. He had to get a newer flywheel to make it work

Are you talking a bigger diameter? My friend tried to install a centerforce out of a 92 22re onto his 85 22re flywheel and the disc was 1/2" bigger than the old disc. He had to get a newer flywheel to make it work

There were both 84-89 discs. I guess one company wanted to short people some surface are...

Robert, I will find his thread when I get back home, on my way out the door.

There were both 84-89 discs. I guess one company wanted to short people some surface are...

Robert, I will find his thread when I get back home, on my way out the door.

This is correct, the 9" is from the turbo. I was going to run one but i don`t have need`d flywhell and did not want to buy a new one as of yet