• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Coal vs Pellet Grills

Bringing this back up cause I am itching for a new smoker. There are a lot of new pellet smokers out there in a cabinet style. I am going to get rid of my egg and get either an insulated cabinet smoker or a pellet smoker. Do you ladies that use pellets still like them or do you wish you would have stuck with charcoal?

money_pit_yj said:
Bringing this back up cause I am itching for a new smoker. There are a lot of new pellet smokers out there in a cabinet style. I am going to get rid of my egg and get either an insulated cabinet smoker or a pellet smoker. Do you ladies that use pellets still like them or do you wish you would have stuck with charcoal?

NO ONE wishes they stuck with charcoal

I have a GMG DC. I was back and forth between the two options here, and wanted something more portable.

I like it, although it hasnt been error free. But GMG customer service has been great.

I would like to get a bigger one or maybe a cabinet at some point. I will likely go RecTec or Camp Chef. Some of the features on the whirlwind I thought were nice.

paradisepwoffrd said:
I have a GMG DC. I was back and forth between the two options here, and wanted something more portable.

I like it, although it hasnt been error free. But GMG customer service has been great.

I would like to get a bigger one or maybe a cabinet at some point. I will likely go RecTec or Camp Chef. Some of the features on the whirlwind I thought were nice.

I have a camp chef magnum. 0 problems!