• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Cobra Tuber

CHOP SHOP

Been working on two chassis for a while now. One for me and a different one for Evergreen. This one is my new play design. I have a ways to go still. I have been reading Crash's latest build and Josh's tuber build and decided I need to get these two rigs back together. This weather is perfect for stayin inside.:redneck:

Some pics of the chassis. Its made from 3/16ths and 1/4 inch brakeline migwelded.

Attachments

• new 028.jpg
    new 028.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 182
  • new 029.jpg
    new 029.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 169
  • new 030.jpg
    new 030.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 167
  • new 031.jpg
    new 031.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 167
Mo pics of da machine:cool: Low as I can go!:haha:

Attachments

• cobra 005.jpg
    cobra 005.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 167
  • cobra 001.jpg
    cobra 001.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 166
  • cobra 002.jpg
    cobra 002.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 164
  • cobra 003.jpg
    cobra 003.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 161
  • cobra 004.jpg
    cobra 004.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 164
Looks good brad. One of these days you will have to come to a comp and join in the fun

Thanks! :cool:

I am going to try out the tlt axle brackets. I have ground through my last set of WK plastic axle brackets. I like thae fact the tlt ones are metal and I dont have to file and drill holes either!:redneck:

are the links mounted to holes through the frame? if that works it would make my life easier. i have to do some work on mine and wasn't sure if i was gonna use brake lines or solid stock. cool looking rig man.

are the links mounted to holes through the frame? if that works it would make my life easier. i have to do some work on mine and wasn't sure if i was gonna use brake lines or solid stock. cool looking rig man.

solid stock is way heavy! Ive done it before on my super. Yes they are just holes in the lower section for links. the lower tubing is 1/4 inch. Ive done 6 different chassis this way with no failures.:beer:

you wanna make me a tube chassis for my ax-10 gear?

This was one I did for a friend with an axial. It was his design, kinda strange looking but still pretty cool.
I have one other one based off of axial drivetrain I am putting together right now.

The axial stuff is a little tricky its so narrow I spend a little bit of time getting the shocks right. Do you have aftermarket shocks? I like to build them to run short aluminum shocks with all droop or very little uptravel. Lipos or 6cell?

I do my tubers a little differently than store boughts. I hate radio gear/batteries on axles. A servo is all I can handle. No point in building a tuber that just looks like a battlebot.

Attachments

• new 027.jpg
    new 027.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 138
i like the bottom tuber i run a seven cell 4-3 pack on the rear axle i'm also going to be running a ax-10 tranny and axle's with dig and a rock racer motor. let me know if you are interested in building me one:awesomework: and let me know what the cost would be

I hate radio gear/batteries on axles. A servo is all I can handle. No point in building a tuber that just looks like a battlebot.

Hahaha....I couldn't agree more.:puke:
I prefer my rigs to look somewhat scale, and a crapload of batteries on an axle don't cut it. That'd be like mounting a 22R on a front axle of a 1:1.

Hahaha....I couldn't agree more.:puke:
I prefer my rigs to look somewhat scale, and a crapload of batteries on an axle don't cut it. That'd be like mounting a 22R on a front axle of a 1:1.

Thanks man, A perfect mix of scale and basher is just right!:awesomework: :beer: