• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

coil rear set up

yotacrazy

so i have a 94 toyota truck frame with the rear half of a 93 4runner frame welded on so i had coils and a short rear end. i just put a bobbed 86 4runner body on the frame and will be running a 94 22re. my question is how can i make a 4 link setup or simmilar set up without relocating the tank due to no room. i thought about running two links from the bottom of the axle to the bottom of frame, then putting one link from the top of the third member to a cross member, the using a track bar to eliminate axle sway. Any comments on this set up? This will be a daily driver but also a moderat wheeler. Also any ideas on where the best price for hym joints would be?

Sounds like your describing a 3 link? If so, that suspension setup will work pretty well, just make sure your panhard is as long and as flat as possible. As far as link length, I have heard the top link should be in the 75% length range of the lower links, although others have thier personal preferences.

You may look into some of the "link suspension" threads on pirate4x4.com:awesomework:

the center link would just be one strait like, i would like to do a wish bone style, but again no room due to tank being in the way

Like this, correct?
3linkCADlarge.jpg

Latest posts