• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

coilover help

Re: Re: Re: coilover help

RustyC said:
Josh you can also turn the dual rate slider over too. I think they are actually correct with the short side up anyway.
Just make sure that at full droop the slider does not come off the shock body.

Should ride a lot softer now too. thumb.gif

That's another good point of having the lower spring 2" longer than shock travel like mentioned above :dblthumb: the slider should never come off the shock body with that setup.

Maybe I'll be able to get it right by adjusting preload and not have to swap springs.

RustyC said:
Josh you can also turn the dual rate slider over too. I think they are actually correct with the short side up anyway.
Just make sure that at full droop the slider does not come off the shock body.

Should ride a lot softer now too. thumb.gif

yep needs to be flipped over, a lot of sliders break from hitting the stop that way

Neal3000 said:
yep needs to be flipped over, a lot of sliders break from hitting the stop that way

Ok cool, didn't think about that. I'll flip it when I take the springs off to get them powdered. Waiting to settle 100% on the spring rates first. Guess I'll have to run the stop ring way back down to get the same effect as it''s sitting now, too.

screamn56 said:
I have a set of 14" 150 I may not be using or trade u a set of 16" 250 for ur 200

I'm hoping mine will be alright like they are, had to quit messing with it last night and go to bed so I'm gonna go home and tighten the preload tonight some more and see how they do.

If they end up needing swapped, I'll probably do the spring exchange with EOR since I bought them new from there. But if something happens with that, I'll get in touch. What brand are your springs?

Ran the spanner nuts down another full inch. So now they are sitting right at 3.5" from top of threads. Ride height is now as it was before when it was only riding on the heavy 200# spring. When I climb in the driver's seat, it's enough to make it ride a tad lower on driver's side. I'm thinking I may need a 125 or 150 spring on top and leave the 200# lower alone.

u8edazan.jpg

Here is a pic of the shock at full droop so you see how a (2" longer than travel) main spring looks fully extended. 16" lower spring on 14" shock.

ezunebu5.jpg

Heavier rate almost always on the bottom so when the slider hits dual rate stop you will come out of initial combined rate and step into primary rate.

I'm trying to think, you wouldn't be able to use the dual rate slider stop with running the heavy spring on the top could you? That's kinda the purpose of having it there.

I have no idea, just getting around to setting up my first set so I'm trying to learn all I can while dispelling any bad info I already have. :dunno: