• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Coilover Tech: Fox vs King 2.0 Coilovers - Everything you need to know

TRD

Check out our latest article comparing Fox and King 2.0 Remote Reservoir Coilovers. The article covers the differences in their performance, durability and value by looking at their performance on the shock dyno, looking at the materials they are made from, and looking at what's included in the price. The article focuses on real world performance and how each will perform for you.

The article hits the high points, and we can dive into the details here. I'm happy to answer any questions you have about the shocks

I have been tuning and engineering shocks since 2001 and previously worked as the chief engineer at an aftermarket shock manufacturer where I created patented technology used on their premium products.

TRD said:
Check out our latest article comparing Fox and King 2.0 Remote Reservoir Coilovers. The article covers the differences in their performance, durability and value by looking at their performance on the shock dyno, looking at the materials they are made from, and looking at what's included in the price. The article focuses on real world performance and how each will perform for you.

The article hits the high points, and we can dive into the details here. I'm happy to answer any questions you have about the shocks

I have been tuning and engineering shocks since 2001 and previously worked as the chief engineer at an aftermarket shock manufacturer where I created patented technology used on their premium products.

That's interesting. Everyone tends to assume Kings are the best because of the name. Your website is pretty cool, and offers an option for guys that either can't or won't go out and have their shocks tuned. Nice.

I was super happy with my Kings that I had on my juggy. After I get them on the new buggy I'll be in touch for tuning.

Thanks everyone!!

poolman said:
I was super happy with my Kings that I had on my juggy. After I get them on the new buggy I'll be in touch for tuning.

King builds a nice shock, and they have definitely proven themselves off-road. I should have included a lesser brand to highlight that better.

Had you considered a set of F.OA.s? Price wise they are significantly cheaper, but I question their quality and reliability. I know in the past they have been fair at best, leaning more towards junk. But over the past few years they have supposidly been stepping up their quality control. Id be curious to how they compare to the King and Fox.

Nice post. I did not realize you worked for a place that sells the products. I may be giving you guys a call in the next day or so. Needing a pair of coil-overs.

I can never get a consistent story on whether or not FOA is any good. I stand behind the products I sell and I don't have the time to do the deep research into FOA that would be required before selling them.

I sell a lot of new shocks and I have a huge inventory of shocks and springs. Everything comes pre-tuned and includes valve disk swapping, tuning support and spring swapping.

On the shelf:
2.0 Air Shocks
2.0 Coilover Emulsion
2.0 Coilover Remote
2.0 Smoothies
2.5 Bypass
2.5 Coilover Remote
2.5 ID Springs
3.0 ID Springs

I also have a lot of parts on the shelf, I need to do a better job of getting them all on my website.

I look forward to hearing from you!