• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Colorado front locker?

infamous1

I have a 2008 Colorado DD (open/open) that I am doing some upgrades to. I am going with a slightly larger tire so I figured to use 4:10 gears up from my 3:73s. The rear axle is of no concern because the GT5, G80 option was a factory locked 4:10 that i can source from a junkyard really reasonably and just bolt in. The front however I am having issues figuring out. I already have purchased a GT5 optioned 4:10 complete front differential assembly. I plan to clean it up, replace the seals and would like to figure out a locker for it.
It will be used for commute on snow days, some beach driving and fishing hole access no "wheeling" per se so the aluminum housing is not a worry. I do not care for the air locker option for various reasons. I would like a lunchbox honestly. Now here are my concerns; with the axle disconnect the lunchbox shouldn't be affected, (correct), and what lockers (if any) are available? Supposed to be 7.6" ring gear and 28 splines. Thanks for any ideas or input.

Not what you asked but I'd 86 the front locker...

Not needed for beech and compromises steering on snow/ice

Also a lunchbox locker will have your front d shaft turning at all times

Re:

Cool, I have a couple of vehicles locked in the front now and don't have any issues on ice or snow. They have hubs where I can take the locker out of the equation though. So it is just running the spider gears going down the road now? I have not seen anyone use a locker in the front of a GM IFS around here, also can't find one offered for the Colorado. I like "4" wheel drive. Thats why I was thinking a rear S10 7.6 locker. Thanks for the input.

Sent from my Z750C using Tapatalk