• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Conditions at Evan's Creek?

Camotanker

Hey y'all,
I'm thinking about taking the quads out tomorrow (Friday) and was wondering what the conditions were at Evan's Creek.

I've got a 24' trailer and I don't want to get stuck in between staging areas. I also don't want to waste my time if the quads have no chance in hell of getting around.

Anyone been up there today or yesterday and have seen the conditions? What kind of snow levels have they seen after this cold weather this week?

Thanks in advance,
Scott

:hi:

Is it 4x4? I may be interested in takin my wheeler up there..
Evans probably has a ton of snow right now, You would probably have to park at the bottom..

:hi:

Is it 4x4? I may be interested in takin my wheeler up there..
Evans probably has a ton of snow right now, You would probably have to park at the bottom..

Yes sir, the truck is 4x4.

The quads are a 2009 Polaris 850xp 4x4, 2009 Razor 4x4, and a Yamaha Blaster 2x4.

I've never been to Evan's Creek before but I understand it can be hellish with too much snow.

I'm thinking that Walker Valley might be a better choice because I know the terrain, but we'll see what you folks think.

I'm sure I can park at the bottom, but how would I get the quads up the trail to the next staging area, isn't that "frowned" upon?

Thanks!

yes im sure it is. It would be a few miles on the gravel road to the campsite/parking area. Evans is high elevation. I can only imagine about 2 feet of snow at the bottom. Buckley area got about a foot of snow, which is the the lowest of towns in direction to evans. The gravel road to evans tends to become a sheet of ice, a few people have gone over the edge. It's definitely a scary drive..

I was up at Evans with some buddies on 11/21. The road up the mountain to the lower parking lot (entrance to Evans ORV) was a sheet of ice, pretty sketchy in some places. The road from the entrance/lower lot to the campground was not a whole lot better. I wouldn't take a trailer all the way up there even though we ran across one guy doing so.

On the way out we passed a big truck pulling a trailer full of quads. He had to stop because of another van that got stuck. Once he tried going again he couldn't and ended up unloaded all the quads and disconnecting the trailer on the side of the road/cliff.

Moral of the story, take chains with you, especially if you are hauling a trailer full of quads.