• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Considering a Rebuild

Here it is, and just because im feeling like I still want to much for it. Ill let ya have it for 20$ but you'll have to pick it up.

102_1231.jpg

102_1232.jpg

Yea, I still want it, mostly for the ball joints and shock mounts. I think I'm gonna do a new backbone to strech it out to 17", but that's not a big deal. I can pick it up in the Lacey / Oly area Friday early in the day, or Saturday, whichever works best for you.

Sweet, that should be easy to find. Unless something unexpected comes up, I'll plan on Friday, but will confirm tomorrow night.

You guys that offered up the Aluminum to make a backbone from, I'm ready to take you up on the offer, if you could bring a piece to the comp, that would be great. I'm shooting for 17 - 17.5" wheelbase.

Also - Anybody know what size tap I need to use to tap the end of the tube for the ball joint bolt?

I will bring a piece with me, or you can stop by before then and grab it and we can tap it at the same time.

What size screw did you buy ? that will determine the tap size. Did you use the parts list posted posted from RCC or the ones that came with Knoks chassis. Either way I have any tap you would need..... LMK

Edit: the tubing I have is the right inside diameter to tap with out having to drill it out if you are using the RCC parts list. I would guess that the ball joint you are using has the same size hole 1/2" if I remember right.

Devlin

Last edited:
I'll have to check the list again. One of the bolts I got is a regular hex, which looks funny, so I'm gonna pick up two new allen head bolts.

You're close enough that maybe I should just stop by to cut and tap it all at once. I'm not tearin my truck down until after the comp, so it's not really a rush.

yeah ,thats why I said stop by,we can get it all done in one stop. I have all the taps we could need ,plus the ball ends and allen bolts if needed.

Hey Dev if you have the stuff already that you aren't using, I'll buy it from you instead of ordering it. I've got the stuff from Knok, but I've been thinking about starting over with all new. The more I look at it, the more I have ideas of what I would do different.

Todd1803 said:
Hey Dev if you have the stuff already that you aren't using, I'll buy it from you instead of ordering it. I've got the stuff from Knok, but I've been thinking about starting over with all new. The more I look at it, the more I have ideas of what I would do different.

That is what I was thinking, I will then order new stuff. I am still going to do a stickish conversion,but am still trying to decide if it will be shockless or not.

It looked to me like the ball joints you had were metallic and I think you would be better off with the plastic ones for COG reasons. I wasnt going to say anything because I wanted the advantage:D :kissmyass:

We can talk at the comp...

Latest posts