• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Consumables?

Jacob

Viewer Discretion Advised
Where are you guys getting your consumables? I haven't found a good place to get them yet up here and they are killing me on my projects.

What is a better alt. to flapper wheels other than sand blasting? They seem to last only about 5 min and they are toast...$6 up a wilds hogs ass. That's more than a $1 a min for me to work. I can have alot more fun at a better rate doing other things....:redneck:

Things I normally go through-

Argon
Welding wire
grinder disks
cut off wheels
flapper wheels

Shits getting to a point where I am just going to start buying all my Jeep crap. It almost isn't worth it to make your own **** anymore.

Sorry for the semi rant, but I am out in the garage working and don't want to go spend a small fortune to keep going. Any and all input welcome.

honestly.. for most of my consumables i just go to harbor freight for the disks and flappers... yeah, they are some cheap stuff, but i have not had the expensive ones last much longer (if at all), so why waste the money??

as for welding wire and my gasses, i usually just get them from my buddy's shop... I trade him computer/network maintenance, he supplies me with filling my bottles and wire for my welders...

:awesomework:

I buy all my hardware and consumables (Not welding stuff) from Profast Supply. Will used to be a salesman for Tacoma Screw and High Strength. He got fed up and started his own business. He doesn't have a retail store but a phone call with a shopping list and he'll bring it to ya. Great guy out of Tacoma. Mostly stocks Pferd and Flexovit stuff.

If you kill a flap wheel in 5min your either buying **** wheels or you using it wrong.

Flapper discs are a luxury for people that have put years in first the hard way and have some skill and respect for such an awesome tool.

I can get a TON of time out of a flapper disc. Then one of my buddies picks up my grinder and uses it for 2 minutes and complains about the flapper that THEY RUINED.

I bet ya cant get more than two cuts out of one sawzall blade too? :stirpot:

You sir need cheap stone grinder discs.

honestly.. for most of my consumables i just go to harbor freight for the disks and flappers... yeah, they are some cheap stuff, but i have not had the expensive ones last much longer (if at all), so why waste the money??

as for welding wire and my gasses, i usually just get them from my buddy's shop... I trade him computer/network maintenance, he supplies me with filling my bottles and wire for my welders...

:awesomework:

I dont agree. You are not buying GOOD stuff if its not lasting any longer, you are just buying more expensive stuff that is crap.

I have had BAD results with anything at harbor freight that spins with the exception of the UnuBits. The grinder discs wear fast and STINK badly when used, the flappers come apart in chunks after the sand flys off, Their chop saw discs STINK and have no grit on the side for deburring a cut when done, the buffing wheel I bought shoots cotton threads all over my bench just running and I think it might explode if I try to use it.

Im not biased. I shop allot at HF and like allot of their products but I have not been impressed with their rotating items.

Good discs from Tacoma screwed or the german ones at Pacific welding kick ass. They are 10 each and last ALONG time as long as ya keep them away from undercoating and dont use the EDGE only the FACE of the disc.

Just cuz its from the hardware store or walmart or Mcklendons doesnt mean its any better than the HF crap, just a different name and a bigger price.

I dont agree. You are not buying GOOD stuff if its not lasting any longer, you are just buying more expensive stuff that is crap.

Absolutely correct. I use flexovite consumables from oxarc and I've had great results with everything I've used. I'll stop working if I run out of cut off wheels rather than go to HF their discs aren't worth half a ****.

I buy all my hardware and consumables (Not welding stuff) from Profast Supply. Will used to be a salesman for Tacoma Screw and High Strength. He got fed up and started his own business. He doesn't have a retail store but a phone call with a shopping list and he'll bring it to ya. Great guy out of Tacoma. Mostly stocks Pferd and Flexovit stuff.

If you kill a flap wheel in 5min your either buying **** wheels or you using it wrong.

ya my work buys all of our stuff from will also.. he's a good guy and seems to have some good stuff..

Pearl Greenbacks for flap wheels. You can get them through Central. They last 5X what the HF wheels last, and 3X what a Norton flap wheel from Home Depot lasts.