• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

"Control Freak" rockwell buggy by Tucker's Offroad *pic heavy*

yankster said:
molaugh molaugh molaughYeah...Those are getting covered as we speak...
I still got the battery box in mine. I have tried to do away with it twice but it never happened. Now it's kind of a conversation piece.

Bumps on the back arnt to protect the shocks per say but alleviate The stress in the trailing arms at full compression if the shock bottoms out . The trailing arm has a lot of leverage and the bumps will support that. That tip came from Wayne at Fox himself

Take everything I say as "I'm an idiot just asking questions" not that I'm criticizing... the build looks awesome.

You have a pic sitting in the seat showing the placement of the switch panel?
It looks like a tight fit in the pic.

Why the switch to Treps? The 43 stickies make everything too easy?

I'm starting a new 4400 car as soon as this is done and plan to use a lot of this tech on that new car . I hope/think 2 seasons of ultra 4 racing show with influence on this Rock Bouncer ... as with a lot of newer bouncers people are considering a lot better suspension designs from 5 years ago

Eddyj said:
Take everything I say as "I'm an idiot just asking questions" not that I'm criticizing... the build looks awesome.

You have a pic sitting in the seat showing the placement of the switch panel?
It looks like a tight fit in the pic.

Why the switch to Treps? The 43 stickies make everything too easy?
In that pic the switch panel wasn't bolted down yet. The final location is a little bit farther forward and more to the passenger side. It'll have a covered foam pad on the top to act like an arm rest since the rear steer joystick (giggity) is mounted there. The Trep switch was mainly due to the taller ride height and narrower track width. I'm still on the fence so if they don't perform they'll be for sale, sell and sail!

Depending on where he decides to set the ride height - 72" roof height it'll have 8" up travel
In the front and 12" uptravel in the back. We will limit the down travel with limit straps just because you can get stupid amounts of travel with a trailing arm. Likely it'll be in the in the 20-24" range at final setup but we put adjustable limit straps on it for tuning . The front will use its full 16" of travel. When I first set out to build a bigger suspension travel rockwell rig I was really shooting for the 20" travel mark . We learned very quickly that 20" was easily attainable and actually could have way more then we could probably keep a drive shaft in and clear everything . Hopeing for a responsive fun , reliable trail rig that will bounce or dable with some jumping and higher speed under control.

redneckengineered said:
I'm no expert on trailing arms but those look awfully long to me.

48" I believe. They are extremely strong and have a life time warranty.

I can't wait to see how it handles Rockwells and ORI's. I personally think it will have some surprising results.

Someone :drinkers: better come to town before I get a chance to go 'test' it.

The very first sentence in this post....

Or are you trying to get the rest of the story?
Why you asking so many questions, you a cop?

It's almost all assembled , start wireing and finish up the plumbing tonight -Weekend and hopefully load it up and head to rbd if no unexpected hiccups happen. We've had a few and worked through them pretty well . This thing is :cougar: I think everyone will find that it stands out from most other buggies :dblthumb:

The wife and I snuck into the shop this morning before work to have a look-see.

WOW! I'll leave the picture sharing up to the guys but damn its pretty. The panel work, dash.... :smoke:

Latest posts