• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Cooled seats in a buggy......

Re: Re: Cooled seats in a buggy......

gottagofast said:
Interesting... Thx... Hadn't considered looking for squirrel cage blowers... Could probably mount em to my A/C plenum and use flexible hose from them to the seats

I also have an asthmatic friend who could benefit from cool filtered air piped into a helmet... Darth Vader style
Idk how it would hold up, but this would work great for a helmet duct: http://www.surpluscenter.com/Electrical/Blowers-Fans/Miscellaneous-Blower-Fan-Items/STEPPER-MOTOR-DRIVEN-LOW-FLOW-BLOWER-16-1450.axd

Re: Re: Cooled seats in a buggy......

gottagofast said:
That'd probly work. I wonder how loud it is? Not that it's s big deal for our rigs but it would be nice if it didn't sound like a radiator fan when it fired up.

They aren't too bad plus they're sealed so wrapping a bit of insulation around it wouldn't hurt a thing.

We ran those on some of our equipment at the lab. Not going to lie, ours were enclosed in a cabinet and you could hear them humming all day. They do move a ton of air tho. Might be ok if insulated somehow and mounted on some rubber bushings or something.

Sometimes when mine sits outside a few days and I don't put my seat covers on the seats and just throw a tarp over it and it gets a lot of rain on it obviously the seats get wet. So I have to sit on a garbage bag for the day and that makes my ass a little cooler but not wet. :woot: