• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Cooper stt pro Vs Kevlar mtr

I have the STT pro on my suburban. I love them on the road, mud and hills. But I did rip the side wall out of one last week. I think it would have ripped any tire though. The STT Pro seems like the new tire of choice for me.

Re:

Since this thread I have ran into 2 different people that said they hated the stt pro because it wore fast.

If a man was going budget mudder for the cheaper price instead of paying for ones that last longer like Toyo or Nitto, I would pick up some Atturo Trail Blade mt's, Mastercraft Courser mt's, or Federal Couragia mt's.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

federals are junk they break belts
ive got 3 part sets from guys with the same story on all 3 broke a belt and have sold some to a couple people so they had spares cuase of broken belts

Re:

I had a set on my old 3/4 ton I used to have. Had about 25k miles on the tires and they still looked great. Sold the truck to a buddy of mine that works for Snap On. He used it to pull a loaded enclosed snap on trailer and as a daily driver. He put about 10k miles on them no problem, then one day a knot came up on the sidewall, he paid it no attention, kept driving and hauling, and it blew out one day.

I'd say on a half ton or even 3/4 ton that doesn't pull often, they'd be alright. But I agree on the belt breaking if being used like a 10 ply tire on a 3/4 ton is intended to be used.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I've run both MTR and STT both 37's... MTR's did well. I liked them a lot. I heard a lot of people having balancing issues though, and I did not. STT's, which I'm running now, seem pretty awesome too and overall (so far) no complaints. I think the STT's are are a few pounds lighter than a MTR's and the tread compound does seem a bit softer than the MTR's.