• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

copper city WP

pokey

just me
If your bored and want to see what we have been up to at copper city for the last 12 flipping years come on up this weekend or even Monday or Tuesday. We will be constructing the last two challenging bridges and cutting deadfalls. To get there just follow the bumping river road to bumping lake and then hit the gravel road to deep creek. Copper city is almost at the end of the deep creek map. we will be camping at the upper bumping lake campground.

I'm going to play dumb and a little embarrassed... what's at Copper City? While I want to say I've heard it before I have no idea what it is (camp ground, 4x4, logging roads, ropes course, bike???)

I'll probably google it later tonight......

I'm going to play dumb and a little embarrassed... what's at Copper City? While I want to say I've heard it before I have no idea what it is (camp ground, 4x4, logging roads, ropes course, bike???)

I'll probably google it later tonight......

Old mining town with a historic route to the mine sites. Was open for many years and was a fun little trail. We have been working with the FS to restore it and get it reopened. Not a tough trail by any means but cool if your into mining history and such.

Old mining town with a historic route to the mine sites. Was open for many years and was a fun little trail. We have been working with the FS to restore it and get it reopened. Not a tough trail by any means but cool if your into mining history and such.

Old mining town with history on top of that, hell yah! That sounds worth it.

"Street Legal" only road, or trail junk if respectfull can be on it.

Thanks for the hard work Jim. Obviously I haven't seen it yet, but just the fact that you guys have been working on it gets a big :awesomework:

Cool place if your into it like I am. Need to be street legal to get there on the FS road. Not a challenging trail unless it has snow on it by any means and I doupt worth towing all the way up there. Heres a old pic of when the last building was still standing.. This is about 1990 If I remember right . My old blue flatty. Me and my son(now 25) in the doorway

Attachments

• copper1990.jpg
    copper1990.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 435
Hi all,

Thanks Pokey, wish I could make it over to help out, but signed-up for a Reiter work party this weekend.

Looking forward to the progress on the Copper City access trail!

Regards,

Alan

Just got back. It rained or snowed on us from Friday until we left today at 3:30. I swear it didn't stop for more than 10 minutes. Still we managed to get another bridge completed and hauled in material for the next couple of bridges. With any luck this trail will reopen next summer. Today when we got to the last bridge about 9:00 there was about 3" of fresh snow on it. by noon there was a foot so the FS called us off due to dangerous working conditions. Lee and I hauled one more load of rock and almost dumped the jeep and trailer off the bridge in the process. We bailed after that. I will post some pics later.

I would like to go help the next time I was also at the Reiter work party. A little more notice would be nice!:awesomework:

So here's the deal on more notice. This trail is quite narrow as it is cut into a hillside with very few places to park and or turn around easily. There's just not much room for a lot of people (rigs) I thought I had enough people signed up to get the work done that was needed but in the last week prior they dropped like flies due to personal reasons that we all get (myself included). That's why I posted it up here to see if I could get a couple more folks to help out. If this govt shutdown doesn't last to long and the weather cooperates we may have another one in late October to finish up another bridge.

Glad to hear you guys were able to get some work done up there. Looking forward to seeing pictures.

Just got back. It rained or snowed on us from Friday until we left today at 3:30. I swear it didn't stop for more than 10 minutes. Still we managed to get another bridge completed and hauled in material for the next couple of bridges. With any luck this trail will reopen next summer. Today when we got to the last bridge about 9:00 there was about 3" of fresh snow on it. by noon there was a foot so the FS called us off due to dangerous working conditions. Lee and I hauled one more load of rock and almost dumped the jeep and trailer off the bridge in the process. We bailed after that. I will post some pics later.
Good work! Glad you didn't die!!! :haha:
Where 'dem pics???? :corn:

Here's a couple from my phone. Have not even had time to download the camera.

Attachments

• IMG_20130930_132014_685.jpg
    IMG_20130930_132014_685.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 304
  • IMG_20130930_131200_977.jpg
    IMG_20130930_131200_977.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 306
  • IMG_20130930_111347_699.jpg
    IMG_20130930_111347_699.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 305
Any plans to put a vehicle bridge where the foot bridge is located? Is the upper road to Miners Ridge still open? Its on some maps but not on others.

Any plans to put a vehicle bridge where the foot bridge is located? Is the upper road to Miners Ridge still open? Its on some maps but not on others.

Nope. that's as far as their going to let us go. (at this point) the road to the ridge got blown out when they blew the lulu bell mine shut.

Thanks for getting that area open. If you need help working up there let me know. :awesomework: