• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Coppinger Cove

01tj

Someone in my group mentioned making a trip to Coppinger Cove in Sequatchie TN near Chattanooga pretty soon. I've seen a few pictures and videos but thats about it. I was looking for some more information on the place to make sure it was worth coming from SC to wheel there. Has anyone ever wheeled at Coppinger Cove ?

Its worth the ride as long as the water is not to high. We call it the Cove. It's several different coves running together. Coppinger cove is the south end (enter between Jasper and Whitwall), It has been a few years since I was down that far. But it all has great riding, you can either cover lots of ground and see a lot of area or you can go to a few places and beat the snot out of your junk. That is the DamnLocals4X4 clubs back yard.

85buggy said:
Is it open riding. How do you get there
several ways to go into this area. One entrance is right outside Jasper or Whitwell depending on the way your coming from. A couple entrances on Jasper mtn and Whitwell mtn. I think some of the areas may be leased so it may be best to get with some people that ride the area and know it well. And like said earlier, make sure to watch the weather if you are going to be traveling a ways to get here because you don't wanna be up there when we've had alot of rain!

You can get to the area from Tracy City, Coalmont, Gruetli-Laager, Palmer ,or as said above, from in between Whitwall and Jasper. As far as I know most is open riding, but some trails out lead to gated private land. The north ins where the City run OHV park is going (to be run by the city of Coalmont)

To get an idea of the area there to ride, pull up google map. Zoom in so you can see Tracy city, Coalmont, Gruetli-Laager, Whitwall and Japser. there are roads that connect all of them but the area in the middle is where you ride.

I havent been up there in Years...If yall do get a ride together I would definitely be interested in going providing im not WORKING...

i was tryin to get a friend to go down and ride with me this week since im on vacation this week.. too bad its supposed to rain the next 3 days

Is there campgrounds close by? and what about trailer parking at the cove?

I know there is a camp ground in Tracy City, and the DamnLocals has a parking area close(about a mile) from the main trail head in Tracy City. We have a guy in the club that might be able to help with parking on the south end. Just need to get on our board and ask for a little help. We have a few that just look for a reason to go riding. With my up coming 20% pay cut (thanks fed gubmet) I'm not sure when I will be able to ride after June.