• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

crashy/ zukkev ......help me.98 tahoe issue

Brian H

On my 98 tahoe we just swapped engines and now it won't start from the key but when i was using a test light checking fuses it fired when I touched the test light to the crank sensor.....wtf...... totally confused now. Gotta be a ground issue if when I touched it it must have used the rest light as a ground ?? Crash help. Call me......253 241-0561

On my 98 tahoe we just swapped engines and now it won't start from the key but when i was using a test light checking fuses it fired when I touched the test light to the crank sensor.....wtf...... totally confused now. Gotta be a ground issue if when I touched it it must have used the rest light as a ground ?? Crash help. Call me......253 241-0561

When you touched the test light to which wire on the crank sensor?

The crank fuse...he got something a lil messed up in his description I think!:redneck: Gotta be somethin' you did during the swap Brian...if it worked fine before the motor swap that is...

The crank fuse...he got something a lil messed up in his description I think!:redneck: Gotta be somethin' you did during the swap Brian...if it worked fine before the motor swap that is...

Its all messed Im assuming:masturbanana[1]:

:haha: the nuetral safety switch pulled out of the tranny some how. I still have a problem with it falling flat on its face when i throttle it. Im either losing fuel pressure or the ecm isnt working. Same **** that it did before with the other engine except the bad valve the other engine had.

Bad fuel pump?

Im asuming its a bad fuel pump under load. It is running really lean and when watching it on the cheap scan tool it shows that its requesting fuel on rev but its not getting it . The plugs are white so it isnt getting fuel. Im hoping its the pump or Im going to have to get the ecm flashed. The new engine had everything on it so its cant be a bad sensor. Only thing left is the fuel pump and ecm from the old engine.

Have you checked fuel pressure just to rule it out? Not at idle but while driving?
Or at the very least seen what kind of amps the fuel pump is drawing?

Pull the fuel filter out and check to see if it's plugged up...replace it while it's out-it's like $10....

X2 One of those things you should cross out before tearing stuff apart. Lesson learned sucks compared to lesson taught.

Put a new one in already....didnt solve anything. :mad:Did that with the old engine....a few days before i pulled it

It was a bad fuel pump. So now that it fires on 8 and good fuel pressure it runs great.

Last edited: