• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

CUCV

leftyokie

so, im going to trade some work for a CUCV truck. this model has the lockers front and rear, and the T400, of course it had the chevy diesel which is blown up... the guy has another motor but i REALLY dont wanna mess with that motor.. would there be an advantage to keeping the 6.2? i cant see them... if not what motor would be a good recommended for crawling/beating? i plan to truggy this and beat it a lil more than my jeep.

bellhousing the same, just change the converter. The diesel one don't work well with a gas engine.

your right 1028 pos and the motor mounts and bell housing the same as any chevy. on running the 6.2 you ether get a good one or bad one. i would run a gas engine if it was me

if you decide to keep the 6.2 and are interested, a friend of mine has a 6.5 mechanical boat engine that came out of a friends truck. It has the better pump and bigger injectors. Some where along the way, it got run while laying on its side, did some damage to teh bottom end, don't know exactly whats wrong, but he'd sell whats left pretty cheap. The pump and injectors are big $$. BTW White Owl in Kinston NC used to have a bunch of H1 take outs

some fronts did have a limited slip out of all the ones I have had and seen they are rare from my experience

this thing is still sitting in the pasture so i cant verify for sure about the front, i did some research after he told me it had a locker in the front... i see the posi option but not where is just says "detroit" in the front. i am taking his word on the front since he seems to know so much about the truck, i hoped he didnt know what he had but no such luck. he knew it had the d60, locker etc. i am thinking gas motor as well, i need to find out if i can drop an LS motor in and maybe find the right harness or a wrecked truck to swap from. the owner did say it has the 205 Tcase

ok, this is all good info. I dont like the welded front idea, my jeep is welded in the front... i would prefer a selectable front. I like the 6.0 idea. i will start looking for that and see what i will need for an adapter plate.. thanks. any other ideas are welcomed also.