Which would be the best choice and why?

• Dodge Quad Cab with Cummings

Votes: 81 59.6%
  • GM Crew Cab with Duramax / Allison trans

Votes: 33 24.3%
  • Ford Crew Cab with Power Stroke

Votes: 22 16.2%

• Total voters
yea alot of man hours and i do know a bit i am buying a gmc hd2500 in a few months just need more money ive read studied and even test drove so many even got them to let me tow my truck around for anhour coudnt even ntice it was behind the truck and the gas milage was great to im not a genious on them but from what ive read and understand its deffenatly got my attention.:awesomework:

I'm not saying they are bad trucks.. I've driven plenty of them. I like them.. But that truck you pictured has a lot more then just man hours into it. You'd be surprised how many companies and how much money played a roll in that engine, along with the engine for the S10 drag truck. And now their dmax powered rail. Don't be fooled into thinking that is what you get when you purchase one.. Or anything from that company.

I was just flipping through one of those auto sales magazines that you get from the front of grocery stores and they had a 1999 F-350 Ext. cab, long bed dually with the 7.3L PowerStroke and only 22K miles. That would be a ford I'd consider. On the other hand my FIL has a D-Max with Chip/Exhaust/Intake and it is quicker then my cummins Chip/Exhaust. However in the MPG race my cummins kills it.

dmaxs are fast there is no doubt about that.. And that damn ZF manual tranny SPANKS the NV's found in the Dodges as far as drag racing goes.

Be happy to:D
:awesomework:, you would be amazed how many people think that chevy made the engine. Usually the people that dont know are true redneck Chevy fans and get pretty pissy when they find out. " My dam Chebby gots an I- Zuzu engine in it" if should have bought a Dodge.:fawkdancesmiley:

:awesomework:, you would be amazed how many people think that chevy made the engine. Usually the people that dont know are true redneck Chevy fans and get pretty pissy when they find out. " My dam Chebby gots an I- Zuzu engine in it" if should have bought a Dodge.:fawkdancesmiley:

Yeah but true redneck's dont relieze that 95% of what they own was made not in the USA. So I chuckle at them:cheer:

+1 on the mega cab, but sometimes I wish it came with the long bed. Been trying to talk myself into adding one though.

Love my GMC HD2500 LBZ '07 Duramax! Had it for almost a year now, put on 16k miles, and besides regular maintence, NO issues.

Its running WVO as well, no check engine lights, and similar power!

IMHO the best option on the D-max is EFI live. Its by far the best tuner you can get for the Dmax, and really allows it to unleash its power.

Plus I think the interior for the GMC/Chevy is nicer than the Dodge. Rides better, and w/ the BOSE sound system and a sourced DVD player from a Hummer or Yukon, the GM data link allows you to tweak your system (DVD, 6CD changer, HD Radio, Aux Input, iPod adapter) w/o loosing the stock vehicle options.

I think that th chebby has a nicer interior then the current heavy duty dodges, not the new 09 1/2 ton model though. My FIL has 32K miles on his 07 and the interior doesn't seem to hold up very well. When I borrowed his truck to run to vegas for the week last year. I accidently put BIO-DIesel in it and the check engine light came on with in 20miles. Whoops! Also the Bose is the same as the Infinity in the Dodge. Both are nowhere near where they should be, they are the aborted children of their home audio brethren.

They both have their strengths and weaknesses. I would chose the Cummins, no matter what wrapper you put around it. That is until CAT decides to get into the light duty game. I like the simplicity on the Inline 6 over any V-8.

mega cabs=gay family oriented trucks..a truck that doesnt come in a long bed option to me isnt a truck..used to load those things all the time at the feedstore..fit all most as much inside as out:puke:

Yup. Lots of sheeeeeple here.:haha:

sheeeeple? Fords are the majority out in the "real world" and you know that. So what does that make you? Yes you go to a competition or any kind of diesel event and Dodge will be the majority. But if you search out those that just have a cool big truck thats more popular and has more aftermarket "pretty" stuff because of it.. It's Ford for the win.

I don't care which one you have.. But that's how it works.