Which would be the best choice and why?

• Dodge Quad Cab with Cummings

Votes: 81 59.6%
  • GM Crew Cab with Duramax / Allison trans

Votes: 33 24.3%
  • Ford Crew Cab with Power Stroke

Votes: 22 16.2%

• Total voters
Cat got out of supplying over the road trucks due to not being able to meet emmission standards.

CAT's nowadays are a joke.. If you still believe they're the end all be all of diesel engines. You've been hiding under a rock for a while. :flipoff:. Things change, it's progress, keep up.

Yeah I know I could have searched and found the answers but I have very little time as Im planning on buying a truck tomorrow.

Im looking for something in the $15000 range and want to be able to tow my junk back home in a year (South Carolina to Seattle). What Im hoping to get out of this is which tow rig I should buy and why. Keep in mind the Dodge or Ford would be a 2003-2005 and the GM a 2002-2004 based on the price range. These are all 4x4's with under 100k miles....

Thanks, Bill

LMAO @ Cummings....damn typo! :fawkdancesmiley:

Why don't you ask the pro's at
http://www.dieseltruckresource.com/dev/index.php T.C.

CAT's nowadays are a joke.. If you still believe they're the end all be all of diesel engines. You've been hiding under a rock for a while. :flipoff:. Things change, it's progress, keep up.

Thats why your still running a 12 valve cummins :haha:

Had cat and cummins in are dump trucks when rated at the same power you could not tell the difference other then sound, both pulled grate and engine life was about the same. If cat made a engine for a pickup I would expect that it would be the same.

There is nothing better than watching someone take a 30ft bumper pull down the freeway with there tundra. LOL

WTF!!! That is just wrong! I understand tundra's have v8 power but they are a heavy half ton. :eeek: Get a dually dum dum:redneck:

LOL I was kidding, I dont own a Tundra and really am not as impressed as stated above. The original post states WATCH not drive. I would bet a tundra with a 30ft bumper pull, your asshole would be puckered pretty tight.

Last edited:
mmmmm.....tundra with a cummins and a dually....that'd be some sick ****!

Like this one... Minus the cummins

IMG_1803.jpg

Latest posts