JayH

FronthousingWLowerLinks_lg.jpg

LfrontLowerlinkAtAxle_lg.jpg

c-pillarTubePartial_lg.jpg

NewRearXMember_lg.jpg

NewRearXMemberEnd_lg.jpg

RearXMember_RlowerMount_lg.jpg

And my new suspension

These just came today - Looking forward to installing them and being DONE with the front. They're the fourteens.

SAW_both_lg.jpg

SAW_heads_lg.jpg

Anyone know where I can get them charged?

I'm sure you could at any motorcycle shop, or you could bring them up here and we can get them dialed in for you (charge and add oil.)

Thanks Darius - you're up at S&N right?

According to the guys at swayaway they already have the optimum amount of oil in them and it's just the nitrogen charging they suggest for tuning. I have to wonder about that though.

Here's the latest pics I have. Just last night I finished up the cross bracing, running tube from the upper corners of the new c-pillar hoop down to the opposite corners, most rearward of the new boxed section. I'll post up once I get a decent pic or two.

lowerbraces_fromrightcorner_lg.jpg

lowerbraces_straightback_lg.jpg

There will still be room for the seats. The back section will hold tool box, fuel cell, full size spare, hi lift, and a little 5k warn.

The mounts were only tacked into place for positioning in that picture. I've kept the same placement but ramped the bottom of the brackets up to the tube/housing so they don't catch on anything in front of the axle, and finished the welds of course. Was there something else about them?

Thanks for the kudos on the tubing. I've never done tubing before and was unhappy about the c-pillar but also liked how the cross-bracing came out.

Looks good!

The cinder block/pier footings shelf setup in the background is pretty sketch!:redneck:

:D Thanks Jeff.

When we moved in here I was so psyched to have a two car garage to work in! Turns out it's WAY too small to be very comfortable rebuilding this pos but I make do with what I have.

Just finished welding in the hoops and tacking in the coilover mounts. The hood still closes! and there was way more room than I was expecting between the OD of the coils and the frame rails. God is Good. The only thing left in the front suspension is the track bar and re-verify that she cycles without interference.

lfco_lg.jpg

lfco2_lg.jpg

lfcohoopmount_lg.jpg