• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Cutting Brakes ??

TigTorch

A couple good threads on brakes this week. Let me pin this one up as I've actually thought about doing it:

I've had several occasions where a front tire is being pushed to the wrong side by a muddy rock/root/log. This situation is tough to drive out of. It would have been nice to have a cutting brake on the rears to help pull the front end over.

Anyone use a cutting brake in their jeep or buggy?

Rears only or front and rears?

Does it help in the trails?

I run alot in front wheel drive only useing both the rear cutting brakes as well as just throttle(no brake) to turn and navigate.I've got my front tires 2/3 of the way full of water and that REALLY plants the front and pulls the car around

Cutting brakes are the cats-meow, if you have the time/money/and a t-case that is capable of front-low-range-only, it is a MUST HAVE mod.

FOR A NON-COMPETITOR using any type of ballast (water, BB's, lime:rolleyes:, etc.) in your tires/wheels is a double edged sword.

...and that's all I have to say about that...

I've only got a couple runs with the water(fronts only).....just trying some different things,I'm a tinkerer/expirimentor kinda guy.Farmers have been doing it "forever" in their tractors,water in tires showed up 7-8 years ago on the comp scene.

It makes me a bit nevous as I have a problem keeping parts IN the car without water,add a couple hundred pounds of dead weight and the added traction and well.....we'll see what happens:rolleyes:

I've only got a couple runs with the water(fronts only).....just trying some different things,I'm a tinkerer/expirimentor kinda guy.Farmers have been doing it "forever" in their tractors,water in tires showed up 7-8 years ago on the comp scene.

It makes me a bit nevous as I have a problem keeping parts IN the car without water,add a couple hundred pounds of dead weight and the added traction and well.....we'll see what happens:rolleyes:

I'm not extreme enough to warrant crazy Comp tricks like some of you guys...

But, I think it's cool that your trying it... Keep us informed of the test results...

I love my cutting brakes (only in the rear) w/ the rear ARB unlocked..

3-wheeling is where its at!

Latest posts