• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

CV questions

Jay1

On my 86 pickup I have a 4" suspension lift and I blow out the cv on the driver side and know my and angal of the cv is bad. If i lock the hub in and turn left or right it will pull the inner joint out. I know that I bent the stock mount on the frame have you guy's have this problem. What would you guy's do to fix this?

Bend it back.

Then I would SAS the truck :flipoff:

Actually, Im not sure what youre talking about as I havent had much experience with IFS yet, so hopefully someone else can help you out.

~T.J.

I had the same problem when I had IFS. You can bend the bracket back & weld 1/4" or thicker to it to strengthen it. Do it with all the brackets as they will bend being they are little better than sheet metal. We also made a custom CV out of 2. Cut a piece out of the "bell" about an inch wide & welded it to the existing bell to lengthen it giving more travel before it seperates. I had to grind the ends out in the 3 places the bearings fit in to accomodate the increased travel/angle. Worked until I went SAS. You are nearing the end of the IFS usability when you start bending the brackets.