• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

D70 Fit in D60 housing and more

Ah, I was gonna state that HP D70 gears only come in 5.13's or 4.88's, but that fact is null in your case.:D

Id like to say that I knew that....but...alas....I did not:redneck:

Jeff use your mad bargaining skills and get a group buy going for 70 ARB's. I'm in for one...and a 5.13 70 R&P.:cool:

I wish I had the "Mad bargaining skillz" ,I think my life would be different.
Never been a big fan of the ARB's but the ability to unload the suspension at key times would be sweet.

Carl could you enlighten us on what exactly offset bearings are? Are they just different sized bearings or are there offset custom spacers involved?

kit contents

Carl could you enlighten us on what exactly offset bearings are? Are they just different sized bearings or are there offset custom spacers involved?
All of the above is true to get the job done, here is the standard Jana76 kitView attachment 46437

Attachments

• sm Jana76 std kit.jpg
    sm Jana76 std kit.jpg
    149 KB · Views: 116
I'm going to work on putting 12B gears into a D44, I know its possible just need to figure out if I can make it cost effective, this would fill in a strength gap for all those low pinion 44s out there.

i assume it'd use 12p gears, not 12t's? otherwise i realy dont see the gain. 8.5 pinions are stronger than 12t pinions..... just say'n..

set brgs

So would I be able to use my D60 setup bearings?

Yes you would use your Dana 60 set up bearings. and you can reuse your Dana 60 pinion tail bearings. Then for carriers you can use either a high speed or a low speed D70 carrier. the way the offsets are between the 60 and the 70 it turns out that a low speed carrier is two close for the low speed gear set so you offset it away from the pinion and a high speed carrier also works on the low speed gear set by offsetting it towards the pinion. Also if you already have a low speed d60 ARB you can purchase a D70 ring gear side cap, and then drill the D70 ring gear pattern between the existing holes and use a concentric ring gear ring which I can machine to line it all up.

gears for hp 70

Ah, I was gonna state that HP D70 gears only come in 5.13's or 4.88's, but that fact is null in your case.:D

We chased the BOM numbers looking for part numbers on the HP 70 gears, yes you can get 5.13s but the 4.88s are actually Super 60 gears unless you have other info. I've even seen super 60s in a high pinion70.

We chased the BOM numbers looking for part numbers on the HP 70 gears, yes you can get 5.13s but the 4.88s are actually Super 60 gears unless you have other info. I've even seen super 60s in a high pinion70.

I don't. I was just regurgitating info off the pirate4x4 thread as I had been following it.:awesomework:

Fitting after market housing

Will it fit in a RockJock housing? :redneck:
I've looked at several pics of the rock jock and see no reason why it couldn't be done. There seams to be about 1/4" clearance all the way round the ring gear, and all I need is 3/8". I'm sure it will take a bit more grinding but on the other hand their housings are twice as thick as stock so I don't think it will weaken it. I have seen some curved skid plates for the rock jock as some people are dragging them over the rocks so much they are wearing thru the casting, so I'm thinking a 1/4" welded on doubler strap should take care of it if and only if necessary. I would really like to prototype one of these out for you.
And would be glad to do it for you just to show and figure out the correct process for their housing