• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Damn Dodge

Damn.. That's a lot.. Did you buy my old 454BBC dually? LOL That thing got 6mpg. Thats why I got a diesel.

One I get the core charge back on my VP44 It wont be so bad but if you consider the tow bill, lift pump, injector and labor. I've got a little over $2300 in this initial investment. Then I get the core back and it that knocks off $500.00. So $1800.. Well it'll be more because I'm going to buy a FASS lift pump and put that in soon.

EDIT: **** it, I'm ordering the FASS now. I'm not taking this risk again.

Well, it's not a dually, probably why I got .5mpg better.:eeek::haha:

I actually opted for the shitty fuel economy, I just don't tow and drive it enough to have the fuel economy come anywhere near offsetting the costs of owning a diesel. For the cost of repairing just your fuel pumping issues, I can practically rebuild the 7.4.

I'm just more emotional than you at the pump is all. :puke::redneck:

Well got it all fixed. New FASS lift pump, fuel filter and VP44. Had Porter's shop install the VP44 and get it running. Then today I installed the new lift pump. That thing makes a pretty noticeable difference.

MY TURN to do all this ****.... been runnin the tank low due to plans to do the FASS 150 upgrade to my 01.... went to the pumps last night to put 20$ in, just to get me to the tire shop for a screw in a tire and a steering alignment.

No go on firing up, just cranks and cranks.

MY TURN to do all this ****.... been runnin the tank low due to plans to do the FASS 150 upgrade to my 01.... went to the pumps last night to put 20$ in, just to get me to the tire shop for a screw in a tire and a steering alignment.

No go on firing up, just cranks and cranks.

At least you were at the somewhere when it broke. I was driving out in the woods with no phone signal. I had to hike up the road/hill until I finally got 2 bars of 2G.. The whole time going "****, ****, ****!":haha:

Well mine cost me $1628 for the injector pump. $259 for the lift pump, $30 bucks for a fuel filter, $100 for a tow, Then labor for install. Got a good buddy price which I wont disclose but it wasn't cheap. But then I will get $400 back for the core charge once they receive it.