• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Dana 44 lug pattern conv.

Boonie Buster

Stuck on a Curb
Is it possible (EASY) to convert a wagoneer dana 44 with 8 lug outers to 5x5.5 outers? I don't want to have to change rims again :mad:

Do i just need to find a set of dodge outers and will they go right on no problem, oh it has internal hubs if it makes a difference...:corn:

i have a 80's wagoneer front 44 that was originally 6 lug, that i converted to 5 on 5.5 you need chevy 1/2 ton spindles and ford f150/bronco hubs/rotors. I am pulling all my 5 on 5.5 stuff of if you are interested low miles. I would say like 125.00 obo PM me we'll talk

I just did this conversion less than a month ago. I built a chromoly 44, detroit, 4.88's, etc..

You needs chevy spindles, Ford Bronco hubs and rotors, then warn hubs. Pretty easy just a PITA finding everything.

ok, so i don't need different outer axle shafts or anything funky like that then?
make note there are 2 different design spindles with different dimension step downs which uses different outer bearings, and ford stub shafts are longer than chevy ones. Make sure you match it all up. Look at the spindle your ford bearing hub is on and make sure the chevy one you probably already have is the same. you can use the chevy caliper brackets and calipers with the ford bearing hub. IMO the offer you just recieved above my post is a good deal if complete, Id take it. All the matching is done for you.l

make note there are 2 different design spindles with different dimension step downs which uses different outer bearings, and ford stub shafts are longer than chevy ones. Make sure you match it all up. Look at the spindle your ford bearing hub is on and make sure the chevy one you probably already have is the same. you can use the chevy caliper brackets and calipers with the ford bearing hub. IMO the offer you just recieved above my post is a good deal if complete, Id take it. All the matching is done for you.l

already PMed him:awesomework:

now i wait...:corn:

Take a look at your knuckles this is a dead give away on gm and waggy axles if they are the flat top style then you have the correct spindle dia. for the ford hubs and wheel bearings. If not then you will need spindles from a 1976 or older gm or wagoneer D44. this is the year that gm went to the bigger inner bearing size. I just got complete ford hubs W/ rotors, bearing, and spindles from the swap meet for 130 to do this same conversion.

What calipers do i need to use, can i just use regular chevy D44 calipers, I mean i have a set at the house to test fit with, but i am just wondering if they'll work or do i need jeep wagoneer or ford calipers...???

Use chevy calipers. I believe mine were from a 79 full size blazer.

I really need to do an official write-up of mine. Your basically doing what I just finished last month.

Latest posts