• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Dana 44 re tube?

jaylee

Does anyone know about how much it is to retube a dana 44? I bought knew axles for my cherokee wich has a offset diff. I was wondering if it was worth it to cut down the long side and re tube the short to standard wagoneer width and put it in my YJ. I could do all the work myself except for the re tubeing. Or should I just sell it and buy a new centered diff.

How wide does it need to be?

If you only need to shorten it wouldn't be too bad. I can't remember the going rate now but $100 if you do all the prep work sticks in my brain to have someone weld it back on with an alignment bar. But don't quote me on that.

Probably cheaper and easier to find a new axle. Lots of housing out there, if the perfect one isn't the right bolt pattern, you could always just get new, upgraded shafts in your pattern.
________
VITAMINS & SUPPLEMENTS FORUMS

Last edited:
Does anyone know about how much it is to retube a dana 44? I bought knew axles for my cherokee wich has a offset diff. I was wondering if it was worth it to cut down the long side and re tube the short to standard wagoneer width and put it in my YJ. I could do all the work myself except for the re tubeing. Or should I just sell it and buy a new centered diff.

Sell it and buy a centered one....I might be interested in the offset one you've got---PM me if this is the way you're goin'!:awesomework:

Thats kinda what I thought just thought I would make sure it wasnt worth it. Lately it seems everyone wants to much for there d44's so I was hoping to just reuse mine. I guess its back to lookin

Latest posts