• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Dana 60 Full hydro steering arms

Olecoot

Rebuilding my Chevy kingpin 60 and want some steering arms I can use in double shear with the Reid knuckles. So far I've seen Sky Offroad arms and the WFO arms. Anyone here have experience with either of these? and how do \ did you like them?

Thanks
OC

Rebuilding my Chevy kingpin 60 and want some steering arms I can use in double shear with the Reid knuckles. So far I've seen Sky Offroad arms and the WFO arms. Anyone here have experience with either of these? and how do \ did you like them?

Thanks
OC
I have the sky offroad arms and like them pretty well. I do run bronze King pin bushings. They seem to stay tight. I did have to clearance them slightly to keep from hitting the tie rods at full lock.

Attachments

• 20180826_130438.jpg
    20180826_130438.jpg
    204.3 KB · Views: 237
I have a set of wfo full hydro arms for sale if you're interested. Ordered them with the arp stud kit. I'll save you some money and ship them for free. Pm me if you're interested.

-Scott

Am I wrong or are none of these double shear.. maybe I don't know what double shear is..lol

Am I wrong or are none of these double shear.. maybe I don't know what double shear is..lol

Most arms aren't and guys tie them into the factory knuckle hole to make them double shear. You can also make your own bracket like we did on my buggy. Just a little bracket welded on top of the arm to capture the top of the heim. Triple shear? Get some.

20191129_100030.jpg
:woot:

Most arms aren't and guys tie them into the factory knuckle hole to make them double shear. You can also make your own bracket like we did on my buggy. Just a little bracket welded on top of the arm to capture the top of the heim. Triple shear? Get some.

View attachment 155903 :woot:
Triple shear is what won you the crown of Trailer Park Panty Dropper!

I'm going to run mine the same way scooter60 has his in the 2nd post picture.

I picked up a pr of arms from Wfoconcepts. I'll post a pic when I have them installed.
If you are wanting to tie into the tierod mounting points the WFO arms will not work. This is the reason I have a set for sale. I am running stock knuckles and wanted to tie it in to the tierod location. I was going to do Reid C's and knuckles so I wasn't going to tie them in but plans changed so I bought a set of Sky's arms.

-Scott

I'm running Artec's old steel ones with bronze bushings. I would assume that the aluminum ones would work just fine.

F3E95F38-012D-4E22-BAD4-A738D046F413.jpeg

Latest posts